IGNORED

new chess thread

kaini

thanks, i've been consistently playing roughly 15-30 games a day for the past 5 years. i've always loved chess, but lately... it's become something else.

i literally picked my shit up yesterday after not playing for about four years.

this game is a wonderful reintroduction. real good example of positional vs material.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'd like to contact david (10f10t) again, lost contact for couple years, what's his current gmail address?

mods feel free to delete this ltr.

the one time i managed to beat 10f10t was immensely satisfying. it involved staying up all night. fucker is *good* at chess.

indeed.... he's the guy to beat on watmm. holds the title belt based on last time we had a formal tournament. this summer he beat me 4 times in a row which sent me back into semi-retirement. however here's a good annotated victory of mine over him:

http://gameknot.com/annotate.pl?id=20005

indeed.... he's the guy to beat on watmm. holds the title belt based on last time we had a formal tournament. this summer he beat me 4 times in a row which sent me back into semi-retirement. however here's a good annotated victory of mine over him:

http://gameknot.com/...ate.pl?id=20005

oh my god, this is gold !

"He moves a sulky donkey to c3 in a weak attempt to regain compusure after such an embarrassing rejection"

"Wow, nice move tenfingers, what are you like a five time dean's lister at the Fred McGriff School of Chess all the sudden? Where have I seen this move before?"

shaping up to be a pretty epic game against eichel. 11 moves in, he's down a knight and a pawn, i'm down a bishop and a pawn, and we both just castled.

From Yesterday's Observer:

This position arose after White's 16th move. Please provide a legal game to reach this point

i228wj.png

This had me totally perplexed yesterday but then today in the bath I had another look and came to what I think is the solution pretty quickly - haven't got a board to hand so havent actually tested it out.....

what the fucking fuck

are the yellow pieces black, or white?

i came across this neat little problem on gameknot today

gNk6x.png

black to mate in two

B: e4-f5

W: e6xf5

B: g3xf5 mate

nice game luke, CHAOS!

but why did you play qc2? after qh4 my king wouldnt have been safe yet...

(edit: heres the game if someones interested: http://gameknot.com/...45375&rnd=85596)

umm, i don't remember. i think i was considering qh4, but after analyzing relentlessly, gaining a pawn for a queen exchange meant a better game. i am down so much material in our game, i was off to such a great start, then just got greedy, i suppose.

sure, lets play again. i think you overestimated your attack, it wasnt enough to give so much material for it (especially if the queens are gone).

i thought about playing 14.a3, but that would have ended with my king alone on b5 if i calculated it right. crazy shit.

btw, is anyone familiar with FICS? thats the place i use to play, its "real-time". lead me to play bullet all the time which is fun and damn addictive but ruins your chess.

Archived