IGNORED

visiting London

cichlisuite

16 hours ago, DavieAddison said:

I'm visiting London for the first time next week so I'm going through this thread but if anyone has any other suggestions please send them my way. Since the dollar is strong I'm hoping to eat, drink, and shop like a sausage-fingered King.

you there for AE?

A significant portion of the chatmm crew are flying here next week also. First big chatmm meetup since 2017.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

is this list still up to date? went there for field day but I want to return sometimes soon and do some shopping. a friend did visit cyberdog after I left and got some nice hoodie. 😄 

any recommendations? 

If you like metal, I recommend having a drink in the Dev in Camden, if you like art and world/arty films, check what's on at the ICA near Trafalgar Square, if you want a fun queer night out I recommend seeing what's at the Bethnal Green WMC or Soho Theatre, if you like experimental electronic music, see what's on at Iklectik, if you want a goth thing, there's Kaos, Monster Queen and Slimelight.. what else, wander round Epping Forest or Hampstead Heath, go to the big museums, they're all free (V&A, Natural History Museum, Science Museum, British Museum, TATE modern, TATE britain, National Gallery)

And if you like Italian pizza/pasta, La Porchetta in Soho I really like - might be worth going if you go for a look round Leicester Square/Piccadilly (just to see the area)

Also for shopping, that market down Brick Lane, where you can also get a good curry and visit the Whitechapel gallery nearby

Hackney wick area for graffiti art and warehouse parties, dunno how buzzing it will be now the weather is shittier though

• Like 1

Oh and sometimes Ronnie Scott's sometimes has nice jazz gigs (can't say they're all good, you just have to see what's on), it's really nice in there, but you might spend a bit on cocktails - but as was mentioned, for more experimental stuff Cafe OTO is amazing

• Like 1

On 1/12/2012 at 7:04 PM, BCM said:

british musuem shits all over natural history museum

shots fired! protect the trilobites! oh wait, they don't have guns, they are just throwing clay pots, it's fine

(jk I love them both)

oh actually now I think of it, British Museum has the fanciest ancient grenade launcher

I forgot to mention, if you like Brutalist Architecture, maybe go the Barbican (if there a good exhibition or concert on), and go to the South Bank and walk around, cuz at same time you could go to the Hayward (if there's something good on) and the TATE - you could even walk from there to see Tower Bridge and then go to Borough Market for some expensive unique mushroom paste or whatever

1200px-Hand_mortar_in_the_british_museum_2013.jpg

Edited by hoggy