IGNORED

visiting London

cichlisuite

I wouldn't say I like whiskey.  I'm absolutely checking this one out.  

Also I just bought tickets to the Ceephax(and others!) show on the 7th.  Looking forward to standing in the corner for the duration like the 37 year old I am.  

^ SO GOOD, been a bunch of times. Also took Triachus and Chengod there when they were over.

Yeah it will give you a very very deep feeling of your own mortality. I was hungover af when I took tri there. I left him there to go get food and hair of the dog.

Edited by hello spiral

Okay so I just went. Random selection of things I did:

National Gallery liked it a lot, dozens of extremely 'canonised' works which is always nice

Tate Modern ADORED IT! I'm always a sucker for weird/modern art and this was just the place for me. Took four thousand pictures.

British Museum it's huge so careful not to lose an entire day in there looking at ancient Egyptian statues

Camden Market super! A bit repetitive but a must see imho. Cyberdog nice shop but LOUD and only 8 prints constantly recycled through the entire (huge) shop. Also the shirts didn't look flattering on me so didn't buy anything. : (

Buckingham Palace just the palace, nothing more

Soho nice to walk/eat/drink sth in the evening, loads of bars restaurants and quirky shops.

Covent Garden/Seven Dials visit this if you want cosy shopping and Instagramworthy pictures

The Globe nothing special if you don't visit it. Huge SPfan myself but my company wasn't so only saw the outside

St Paul's impressive but expensive

Didn't get to visit Hunterian as my company really didn't like the idea (can't blame tbh).

Did get to visit some record stores, including Phonica. Got Thug Entrancer - Death After Life (3LP) for £6.99 (wow), the new Ross From Friends, every Berceuse Heroique they had, a Roel Funcken rmx EP, Naaaah - Themes and RX-101's blue record (yay). I a shop down the road I found a Brothomstates - Qtio £2 (wow!)

^^^^Yep you really need to go to the British Museum. Ultra cool place (fuck the politics). Loose the girlfriend, drink a few glasses of wine, put your headphones on and go for a wonder.

The National Gallery is also well worth your time.

Edited by beerwolf

thing with cyberdog is when i went there in amsterdam back in the 'day' i didn't know that the cyberdog jacket i bought there was a camden brand, and that the next Matrix II style hard NRG trance party i went to on acid about 500 people had the same item of clothing and i died inside.

so lucky escapes all round

Skygarden is probs the best place to get a decent (free) view overlooking the city if that's your thing, you gotta reserve your slot but once you're up no one kicks you out and the bar does nice cocktails. If you're with your gf or wife they will luv it, guaranteed my musulman

Skygarden is probs the best place to get a decent (free) view overlooking the city if that's your thing, you gotta reserve your slot but once you're up no one kicks you out and the bar does nice cocktails. If you're with your gf or wife they will luv it, guaranteed my musulman

Thanks much.  That place looks excellent.

• 1 month later...

^^^^Yep you really need to go to the British Museum. Ultra cool place (fuck the politics). Loose the girlfriend, drink a few glasses of wine, put your headphones on and go for a wonder.

The National Gallery is also well worth your time.

You been down the royal naval college/national maritime museum in greenwich? Its really good shit (and free). Loads of art in the Queen's house as well, so it's like a mix of museum and gallery, plus it looks like this

0fce3059f1428e44f083532fcb7739f7.jpg

Gonna check out that Hunterian museum tomorrow :D :D

• 2 years later...

So, I am gonna be the one who bumps this one for Summer 2019.  I'll be in London next week (staying @ Spitafields). Any recommendations for things going on right now / in general?

*Bars / Clubs playing IDM or maybe outdoor raves?  (I'm several months late for Bangface, one month early for Aphex... Doh!) No Fabric 4/4 techno/electro please.
*Any surreal/oddities shops/shows/attractions? (I am really tempted to go to the David Lynch exhibition in Manchester but I'm not sure there's enough time to go to another city + UK trains are expensive as hell).
*Decent quality / price ratio cocktails?
*Nice places to go to in general apart from the typical touristic stuff?

Edited by Disappearer

Cafe Oto in Dalston. Something 'out there' happening pretty much every night.

I'm going to a Bohman/Secluded Bronte show on Saturday, including a screening of a film about Adam

https://www.cafeoto.co.uk/events/adam-bohman-by-biro-and-umbrella-spring/

Oh and Justice Yeldham's playing the following day, might have to go to that one too :^)

15 hours ago, Disappearer said:

*Any surreal/oddities shops/shows/attractions? (I am really tempted to go to the David Lynch exhibition in Manchester but I'm not sure there's enough time to go to another city + UK trains are expensive as hell).

Yeah, I'd probably say it's not worth the cost and time of travel it'll take you to get from London to Manchester and then back again in the same day. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome exhibit, but it's gonna cost you serious money and time to make it there, it'll easily take up a whole day. Probably not worth it, unless you're more of a fan of Lynch than me.