IGNORED

Megaupload.com shut down by the feds

Npoess

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes that's why I come here everyday.

Woah, hit and run there dood. You didn't address the fact that I was mucking about/not being serious

Well thats not interesting and It won't lead anywhere.

Soulseek is still as strong as it ever has been

I miss megaupload, and I really miss decent mediafire.

Have mediafire actually done anything to cripple their service in any way yet

photo-10450.png

Kanakori's choose your own adventure

A) Open the red door

It's locked.

B) Go around the back

Nothing of interest to be found here, just like Kanakori's posts.

I could also pick on every post you make and say the same, it doenst mean its true. Plus its a personal attack as you do around here and i'm not into that so I won't respond in the same childish way.... I understand as americans you may feel insulted or provoked by some of my statements but I have nothing to discuss with you as until you have real arguments against what I said. You're actually capable of mocking me for THAT post, and then going on some SOPA support thread rant the US governement. Now that's pathetic.

But why do you feel the need to fart on the US in every single thread. I mean, it's fair enough that you don't like the country, the people and so on but why the constant need to tell everyone about it? I don't like James Blunt but that doesn't mean I have to tell everyone about it all the time. Is it some kind of weird OCD?

photo-10450.png

Kanakori's choose your own adventure

A) Open the red door

It's locked.

B) Go around the back

Nothing of interest to be found here, just like Kanakori's posts.

I could also pick on every post you make and say the same, it doenst mean its true. Plus its a personal attack as you do around here and i'm not into that so I won't respond in the same childish way.... I understand as americans you may feel insulted or provoked by some of my statements but I have nothing to discuss with you as until you have real arguments against what I said. You're actually capable of mocking me for THAT post, and then going on some SOPA support thread rant the US governement. Now that's pathetic.

But why do you feel the need to fart on the US in every single thread. I mean, it's fair enough that you don't like the country, the people and so on but why the constant need to tell everyone about it? I don't like James Blunt but that doesn't mean I have to tell everyone about it all the time. Is it some kind of weird OCD?

It was a comment related to the quoted post. I also dislike James Blunt, but until he comes to the discussion I won't say anything about it.

Also, about hate spill, the skrillex case comes to my mind.

anyone else notice that "know data dot tee vee" has been down for over a week now too?

Yeah, I'm eagerly anticipating its return. "Soon", eh.

I just found this:

MegaUpload - Closed.

FileServe - Closing, does not sell premium.

FileJungle - Deleting files. Locked in the U.S..

UploadStation - Locked in the U.S..

FileSonic - the news is arbitrary (under FBI investigation).

VideoBB - Closed! Will disappear soon.

Uploaded - Banned in the U.S. and the FBI went after the owners who are gone.

FilePost - Deleting all material (will leave executables, pdfs, txts)

Videoz - Closed and locked in the countries affiliated with the USA.

4shared - Deleting files with copyright and waits in line at the FBI.

MediaFire - Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors. Pro FBI

Org Torrent - Could vanish with everything within 30 days “he is under criminal investigation”

Network Share mIRC - Awaiting the decision of the case to continue or terminate Torrente everything.

Koshiki - Operating 100% Japan will not join the SOPA / PIPA

Shienko Box - 100% working China / Korea will not join the SOPA / PIPA

ShareX BR - group UOL / BOL / iG say they will join the SOPA / PIPA

Americuuh, fuck yeah

No need sopa, or any law, we'll go after you you anyway cuz we amercunts fromm the land of freedom

Is this all you have to offer?

Well he's portuguese - he's got lots of free time on his hands ;)

I'm genuinely curious to see what this federal cracking down on filesharing does to the burgeoning digital music industry. As someone who produces & DJs as a second job, I can't help but feel a bit excited that these sites are disappearing. Especially after reading someone's comment in the Iradelphic thread: "I guess I'll buy this since I can't pirate things anymore". So many DJs spin on pirated software with pirated tunes, swamping the market with mediocrity. Hopefully that will change, now.

I personally am afraid to pirate things these days. They won. As a result, I haven't seen a new movie in months. I don't suddenly have the money or interest to go to the movies...I just watched them because of the convenience of torrenting a film, watching it 30 minutes later, then deleting it.

I've also read comments from people on here having a jaded 'download fatigue' towards newer music...where they get so much of it at such a high rate that they don't digest anything and think nothing's good anymore. Since only listening to music I can afford, I've begun to appreciate it much more and haven't felt that at all.

The days of the free internet in the western world are over. We all saw the birth of the beast, how it changed life forever, and when it became regulated afterwards, joining TV & radio. Interesting times.

If I bought every music I listen to I would be bankrupted and thats the case for almost everyone nowdays

Just ignore him, he's not really making any sense...

If you don't answer me when I answer you, don't bother provoking me. Whats the point?

I'm genuinely curious to see what this federal cracking down on filesharing does to the burgeoning digital music industry. As someone who produces & DJs as a second job, I can't help but feel a bit excited that these sites are disappearing. Especially after reading someone's comment in the Iradelphic thread: "I guess I'll buy this since I can't pirate things anymore". So many DJs spin on pirated software with pirated tunes, swamping the market with mediocrity. Hopefully that will change, now.

I personally am afraid to pirate things these days. They won. As a result, I haven't seen a new movie in months. I don't suddenly have the money or interest to go to the movies...I just watched them because of the convenience of torrenting a film, watching it 30 minutes later, then deleting it.

I've also read comments from people on here having a jaded 'download fatigue' towards newer music...where they get so much of it at such a high rate that they don't digest anything and think nothing's good anymore. Since only listening to music I can afford, I've begun to appreciate it much more and haven't felt that at all.

The days of the free internet in the western world are over. We all saw the birth of the beast, how it changed life forever, and when it became regulated afterwards, joining TV & radio. Interesting times.

Awesome post :)

I don't know if the days of free internet are necessarily over - but sharing copyright material will become more difficult - however I think that artists who wish to share their own music/art will have more outlets - bandcamp like sites will continue to proliferate.

imo, the only serious thing the big boys can do to hurt piracy is to go straight to isps..but as long as piracy is covered by "freedom of information and privacy, bro" we should be ok.

imo, the only serious thing the big boys can do to hurt piracy is to go straight to isps..but as long as piracy is covered by "freedom of information and privacy, bro" we should be ok.

They already can do that. Comcast killed the internet speed at a friend's house because they torrented an HBO show.

I don't know if the days of free internet are necessarily over - but sharing copyright material will become more difficult - however I think that artists who wish to share their own music/art will have more outlets - bandcamp like sites will continue to proliferate.

Oh totally. I meant free as in the 'no rules' era of the internet is over. It's still an amazing interactive entertainment/networking beast, but the undertones of 'anything goes' are gone.

As conduits of information, it doesn't seem right to go after ISPs and make them arbiters on what is right and wrong traffic. But they don't need to, as the blame can be directly attributed to individual users in a lot of places already (such that ISPs won't hesisitate passing your details onto authorities/copyright holders). But if they wanna get stuck into DNS censorship and great-firewall-of-china style filtering applied to all ISPs, that's a different story altogether

They already can do that. Comcast killed the internet speed at a friend's house because they torrented an HBO show.

then your friend leaves comcast and moves to a more piracy-friendly isp, comcast loses. in israel there is already a latent competition among isps on who provides better p2p speeds.

how did they know he pirated a specific hbo show btw ?

Archived