IGNORED

The fighting thread

impakt

Anyone else into fighting here?

"into fighting" = watching video's of fights?

or actually fighting/practicing martial arts?

Well, both. We can't all be regulars at Mike's Gym :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else into fighting here?

"into fighting" = watching video's of fights?

or actually fighting/practicing martial arts?

Well, both. We can't all be regulars at Mike's Gym :)

ah that place (mike's gym) is around is corner here. that's cool though. i'm genuinely interested in martial arts but not so much in the thaiboxing/mma thing, i don't think that's a very pretty scene. have friends that are into wing tsun and (very much into) karate, and it looks beautiful.

Julio cesar Chavez is a much better fighter than Roy Jones Jr. as is Ray Leonard, there are many more, sorry I think Roy Jones was soft.

*orders another drink*

BTW i hate Ray Leonard.

JCC wouldn't be able to touch Roy Jones. In Jones' sixth round against Vinny Paz (a guy who beat Duran twice on decision), Paz never landed a punch. That's how fast Jones was. Hopkins thinks Jones is faster than Mayweather!

Ask Virgil Hill if he thinks Roy Jones is soft.

*drinks coffee meekly*

If MIke Tyson had kept his mind - he could have been one of the greats.

Chavez caught up to Meldrick Taylor, and Pernell Whitaker. One of the best body punchers ever, as well as defensive fighters. Pound for pound I'll take JCC everyday of the week. Agree to disagree.

Roy Jones olympic decision may be the worst boxing scoring ever.

Julio cesar Chavez is a much better fighter than Roy Jones Jr. as is Ray Leonard, there are many more, sorry I think Roy Jones was soft.

*orders another drink*

BTW i hate Ray Leonard.

JCC wouldn't be able to touch Roy Jones. In Jones' sixth round against Vinny Paz (a guy who beat Duran twice on decision), Paz never landed a punch. That's how fast Jones was. Hopkins thinks Jones is faster than Mayweather!

Ask Virgil Hill if he thinks Roy Jones is soft.

*drinks coffee meekly*

If MIke Tyson had kept his mind - he could have been one of the greats.

Chavez caught up to Meldrick Taylor, and Pernell Whitaker. One of the best body punchers ever, as well as defensive fighters. Pound for pound I'll take JCC everyday of the week. Agree to disagree.

Roy Jones olympic decision may be the worst boxing scoring ever.

Good god yes. The judges were suspended for a long ass time for that (personally I think they should have been banned for life).

Like I said, you talk to any legit Korean boxer, they're ashamed of that. Even Park Si-Hun (the guy who got the gold) apologized to RJJ after the fight.

The best though is the 50 Korean monks who went to apologize to Roy Jones and try to atone for the national shame.

Not only the worst boxing decision - one of the worst in sports history.

• 2 months later...
Guest Gary C

did anyone see the nonsense the Chisora was up to this weekend?

David Haye is a pussy.

http://ttp://www.dai...atch-video.html

They're fighting, legally. Despite Haye having retired a year ago and Chisora being 'banned indefinitely' apparently they can fight under Luxembourg law... in Upton Park, London.

Here's the two of them continuing to look like idiots either side of a fence.

sport-002.jpg

It's an embarrassment on every level. For boxing. For sport in general. For the people who actually want to see it. 2012.

will Mayweather ever stop finding excuses to fight Pacquiao?

Anyone here think Pac has juiced? It's a possibility, however nothing has ever come from his pre/post fght tests, and he's agreed to Floyd's ridic testing guidelines.

Archived