IGNORED

Beyond The Black Rainbow

jules

I am more excited for the soundtrack since its done by Jeremy Schmidt AKA Sinoia Caves (and perhaps better known as the synth wonder from Black Mountain).

Here is a slightly different trailer with better music

[youtubehd]nKdWj9-VMzs[/youtubehd]

The poster is pretty cool as well

Beyond_the_Black_Rainbow_poster.jpg

nice. looks sick.

The set design, cinematography, creative direction in promotional materials are all retro-futuristic sci-fi boners, but I'm really unsure whether the film will actually be good. I'm not wildly convinced with the acting abilities, and who knows how strong or interesting the story will actually be. I've heard pretty mixed reviews.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Altered States any good? keep hearing abou it, but im too afraid it will look outdated.

Just saw Altered States, fucking good movie, the soundtrack was amazing and the visual for that final isolation tank experiment were mind-blowing (and it didn't feel outdated to me.)

• 2 weeks later...

One thing i just noticed is the crease lines in the poster—I know it's going for the whole 80s throwback not-totally-unlike House of the Devil, but the creasemarks/weathered paper trend is goddamn annoying in graphic design.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Going to go see this in the next few days (in my living room) I will report my opinion.

haha, I'm tired, that's a waste of a post but yeah, I like the poster, I like the Kubrick inspired vibe, I think this will be interesting and.. As Data said..

It leaked.

well, it's a high quality screener with a smudged out watermark in the corner.

I personally would rather wait for a high definition version to pop up, and without anything smudged out.

I would prefer to see this in the cinema, but it's unlikely that it will be shown anywhere around here. Possibly at FACT in Liverpool....I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for any information.

i'd rather wait too if there was any information, but since the film's been out since 2010 and hasn't even reached theatres yet im not gonna sit around and wait, screener looks good enough.

i'd rather wait too if there was any information, but since the film's been out since 2010 and hasn't even reached theatres yet im not gonna sit around and wait, screener looks good enough.

I'd say that since the trailer recently appeared on the Apple Trailers website, the chances of an imminent general release is quite high.

Although you do make a good point - I think I'll grab it and keep it on ice.

It's been out since 2010 but it didn't have a distributor until Magnet (or Magnolia? whatever) picked up for distribution in, like, May 2011—it's playing in New York starting May. That being said, the screener is pretty tempting.

• 1 month later...

Just found out today that two of my instructors did the sound design/mix for it.. we skimmed through a 5.1 mix of it in the theatre. The visuals and the sound are both stunning at parts but overall it seems pretty slow. There are a million layers of modular synth stuff throughout

fucking nuts ass film, really enjoyed it even though I was baffled by most of it. It was like Cronenberg, Jodorowsky, Kubrick, and Lynch all made a movie together and it came out as this film. Which is not saying it is as good as any of their films, it's just the influences are so heavy and noticeable. The male lead is fucking creepy! The music and sound is very well done.

Glad to see Kubrick still alive and directing.

Looking forward to it.

(lol and the director even looks like Kubrick)..

MV5BMjA3NDkzMTM0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTQ4NzE5NA@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

Kubrick + Fulci

Archived