IGNORED

Apartments / Flats / Homes

YELLOW

I didn't see any previous topics about this but I'm very interested in design, furniture, etc etc and seeing as I'm finally getting my first apartment soon, I wanna see what YOUR place looks like.

So post some pictures, or just post some inspirational pics. I'll start with this link:

http://lifehacker.com/workspace/

I could look through these desks and offices for hours

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just went and looked at a really nice apartment. Shame I can't really afford the spot right now. I've been trying to coax a friend of mine to move in as well, but things are just too tight at the moment. Such a lovely apartment. :/

edit* I could afford it if I chose to dine on ramen for the next few months.

Guest moonchild

I just got keys to a really lovely little place. It has a fireplace and built in bookshelves and a window seat. there is a skylight in the bedroom and even a little basement with washer dryer hookups. there is arched windows in the front and curved ceiling in the living room... I'm super I'm love with it right now!

Guest kokeboka

a couple of pics of my living room

MCGAf.jpg

That's a weird looking x-box you got there.

It looks like a Nintendo 64 (an underrated console, IMO). Nice living room, yek - I like the spaceiness and the panels you got over the sofa. And the lava lamp, of course :happy:

Guest Coalbucket PI

I've just moved in to a great wee house but I can't afford anything now so interior design and furniture isn't really something I can alter at the moment. Eventually I will try to make it a bit more slick but also it's fucking tiny so it's probably always going to be a mess.

i'm in the market for a beautiful place out in the country currently. can't fucking wait

I see what you did there.

looking for about sixtyten sq ft lot, over the horizon radar with plenty of acreage for wildlife analysis and happy cycling. one very important thought regarding looking at old/poorly built houses though, it seems the devil is in the details. hoping for a moment of clarity when we slow this bird down and rate a property with hi scores.

seeya later

i'm in the market for a beautiful place out in the country currently. can't fucking wait

looking for about sixtyten sq ft lot, over the horizon radar with plenty of acreage for wildlife analysis and happy cycling. one very important thought regarding looking at old/poorly built houses though, it seems the devil is in the details. hoping for a moment of clarity when we slow this bird down and rate a property with hi scores.

seeya later

seeya later

clap clap clap

I pay roughly $1000 for a closet of a studio in Bed Stuy, and I hate it. The neighborhood is boring, the place is small, I've heard gunshots more than once, and that is incredibly distracting. Not even worth posting photos.

...however, I do have around $4500 saved up for a move, hopefully soon. Is anybody here comfortable disclosing how much they pay for rent/mortgage/etc? I'm looking to drop around 1300 a month on a place, personally.

I pay roughly $1000 for a closet of a studio in Bed Stuy, and I hate it. The neighborhood is boring, the place is small, I've heard gunshots more than once, and that is incredibly distracting. Not even worth posting photos.

...however, I do have around $4500 saved up for a move, hopefully soon. Is anybody here comfortable disclosing how much they pay for rent/mortgage/etc? I'm looking to drop around 1300 a month on a place, personally.

Criminal how expensive New York City is.

I pay (half of) $775 a month for a 1400 sq ft house

depends on: your credit (interest rate on loan), cost of house and length of mortgage. there's plenty of calculators on realty websites and shit.

also consider taxes/utilities/other monthly costs and figure at least $1000 per year on things that just break in your place.

Archived