IGNORED

I need something badly

miles36

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scaring your kids and making drugs into some sinister monster figure works until your kid meets other ordinary kids like him who do drugs and starts to question how much was facts and how much were overblown scare tactics. Your better off being honest and straight forward, fostering a relationship of trust and communication so your kid will feel comfortable asking you questions, knowing they'll get an honest answer in return, and reinforcing in them that just because their peers do something doesn't mean they have to. Raise your child to be wise and respectful, not ignorant and fearful.

this is the kind of top advice i'm sure the OP will appreciate.

Guest carthief
Raise your child to be wise and respectful, not ignorant and fearful.

Church

chuuuuuuuch

What does that mean? I see a lot of Southern rappers using it as like a catch phrase.

chuuuuuuuuuch

Fuckin' 'ell if I had a parent as intense as you come across here I'd probably end up taking meth ....

Luckily I didn't and thus like your child that has never been around drugs, or been presented with them; I've lived my life not taking them.

INTENSE! DO YOU HAVE KIDS? I am not afraid of showing my kid the realities. He may not be around drugs when it comes to my family or anyone close to him, but school nowadays. A LOT OF FUCKING PRESSURE. Im not going to tie him up, staple his eyes open, and force crap in them, but just educate him a little on the matter. Their is to much influence from everything, be it movies, music, pictures, school, ... whatever. So I should put him in a vault and not let him be around any of it? Geez aren't you a lovely boy from not being swayed into the life of drugs and such. Your parents should be proud. NOT EVERY KID is lucky. Even the ones you never expect to get into this shit do, and sometimes wind up DEAD! HE will make the choice when the time comes, if it does. At least he can get some education on the effects of such materials. No I am not going to candy coat the fucking topic with him, but also I am not goiing to show him RFAD, it would be confusing as fuck to even follow at that age. If I thought he could interpret it, maybe. But fuck you and your BS intense comment, Like I said, me teaching him a few things or showing a few realities of it all, wont hurt. I like how most of you can't understand a fucking word, in a topic discussion. It must be pleasant to be around some of you here always thinking your opinion is needed, when it's not asked for.

i know advice wasn't the point of this so take it or leave it but...

i wouldn't go straight in with the crazy-bitch-on-meth video if you've never discussed the subject before and you say the kid's never been exposed to anything yet. i'd discuss alcohol and pot first and take it from there...

and maybe keep the crazy-bitch-on-meth video up your sleeve for when you find a crack pipe in his shorts.

Yes...Yes... lets show him after he has doped up. Brilliant! Keep wearing those condoms

You're on an electronic music forum and you didn't think we'd all be on drugs?

No perhaps I knew you were a bunch of druggies, so I was thinking you would know where all the cool and latest vids were at. Like inspirational shit you guys watch.

Perhaps show him some terrorist torture videos, some hardcore bestiality, and holocaust videos so he doesn't get any ideas about taking part in that stuff as well...

You've got to be the biggest fucking moron. Nice comparison. Because those problems are so prevalent in teens these days. Your a sad excuse for having a legitimate arguement.

Guest Drahken

Yea, at least gaked out meth heads ripping their own flesh off is a regular club activity after recess.

I have to be honest, I don't think Requiem for a Dream will universally be an anti-drug experience for people.

People with addictive personalities have a tendency of "forgetting" or "blocking out" the more distasteful aspects of drug use, sex addiction, gambling, or whatever it is that's plaguing them...and for someone who possibly hasn't done drugs yet, but is intrigued regardless, they can fixate on the very minor, brief instances of joy or euphoria presented in something like Requiem for a Dream.

I've had crushing experiences with drugs in the past, and have moved on; but I can tell you that the few scenes where Leto and his partner are jiving in front of the record player, laughing at nothing with one another, is alluring no matter what happens afterwards.

I'm not going to tell anyone how to raise their kids; I don't have kids and, at this point, will hopefully never have them. But if I had to give any advice at this point, and my opinions can often change, it would be to just educate as truthfully as possible about the realities of substance use; which is difficult because there are so many, each with very unique characteristics.

**Edit - I misread or forgot that the point of this wasn't to ask for advice, but figure I'll leave that last part in anyway. Good luck.

Wow, even with the admittal of not following simple instructions, I can appreciate such comments. If you don't have kids, why are you bothering with any comments, you have NO PLACE. These comments aren't directed at you carthief. In general who cares how you turned out, who cares if your drug free and werent exposed to these realities as well. We are not all clones of one another. Different locations, different friends, different upbringings, call for different measures. Geez MCPETE your a real cunt, really. Just stupid comments from no one who has anything worthy to say.

Scaring your kids and making drugs into some sinister monster figure works until your kid meets other ordinary kids like him who do drugs and starts to question how much was facts and how much were overblown scare tactics. Your better off being honest and straight forward, fostering a relationship of trust and communication so your kid will feel comfortable asking you questions, knowing they'll get an honest answer in return, and reinforcing in them that just because their peers do something doesn't mean they have to. Raise your child to be wise and respectful, not ignorant and fearful.

Overblown scare tactics! Not sure if you have been around people on meth, I was unfortunately was. How she is acting is what they fucking do. Those are characteristics of a meth user. Scratching, digging, paranoria, twitiching, uncontrolled body movement. That is being honest. Thanks for stating the obvious " just because their peers do something doesn't mean they have to." Think I have basically said that already. Im not going to sit down and say watch this, leave them room, then come back when its done, and look him in the eyes and say "ok?" Its a fucking video, Im talking to him as well, and discussing my experience with people that have dealt with that shit. Kids can get a better understanding when they can see it in the real, than just talking about it. I will have no regrets about it. If it scares him GOOD! He should fear drugs, they have no place in a thirteen year old's body. I guess if he doesn't it anyways now or later, then fine, but I can have peace knowing that I wan't afraid to show him the realities of such crap. You druggies are the last one I want advice from, I just wanted a fucking link. Its safe to assue, you as well do not have any kids.

shoot a video of yourself going full retard on different kinds of drugs and then show the video to your son, should be very emotionally involving and as a result - educational !

Yea, at least gaked out meth heads ripping their own flesh off is a regular club activity after recess.

First of all. Not sure what school system you were in , but at 13 they dont have recess, my kid isn't 5. Are you ignorant to think at the age of 13 meth doesn't come up. I don't live in the ghetto by any means, but drugs know no boundaries. Drugs come up b4 that. Here I thought you guys were a bunch of self-proclaimed geniuses, but nah, its just the drugs talking

Well its been a blast, thanks for the link Keltoi, even though your a fucking idiot. This thread could have stopped after the second posting. Just remember MCPETE, I pity the kid, if ever one squirts out of your cock hole.

Guest moonchild

This.

Guest Lindrum Larry Cocopipe

Do not ever post anything of a personal or sensitive nature on this forum unless you are cool with your every last word and opinion brutally scrutinized and torn apart by 100 heartless, insensitive, doped up pricks. Myself included sometimes. Thats just where you are I'm afraid. Wrong forum. I hope your kid chooses the right path. Good luck.

im gonna cast my vote for breaking bad as an educational tool.

also, make your son register a watmm account and start posting in this thread. as you have no doubt noticed, watmm is the internet's finest authority on ethical issues.

also.. isn't your username a weed reference? every time i read chronicBLOWOUTS i picture a bunch of dudes smoking blunts on the corner outside my house.

Guest Drahken

First of all. Not sure what school system you were in , but at 13 they dont have recess, my kid isn't 5. Are you ignorant to think at the age of 13 meth doesn't come up. I don't live in the ghetto by any means, but drugs know no boundaries. Drugs come up b4 that. Here I thought you guys were a bunch of self-proclaimed geniuses, but nah, its just the drugs talking

No, you came onto a music forum expecting people to pat you on the back and congratulate you on your self-proclaimed genius plan to teach your kid about drugs - er I mean show your kid videos of people on drugs - and then proceeded to piss all over any and all advice given, including my own succint advice based on REAL LIFE experience. But I guess none of the 'real' experiences presented here hold a candle to the uber parenting battle scars you clearly wear proudly.

Your attempt to be all high and mighty like some of us have never had to endure losing a friend to meth - something I fucking have experienced first hand my pedigree chum - is clear enough reason to not even bother responding to your drivel.

Archived