IGNORED

El-P - Cancer For Cure

Guest Aserinsky

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

It's not exactly news that El-P has made a new album, but there's finally a release and a track from the album available to download.:

Company Flow mastermind El-P will return with his first solo LP in five years, Cancer for Cure, on May 22nd via Fat Possum. As Pitchfork reports, the album includes collaborations with Danny Brown, Interpol’s Paul Banks, Mr. Muthafuckin’ eXquire, and Killer Mike, among others.

Man, I've been rocking sleep while you're dead constantly since it was released. This is good news.

Guest umop_apisdn

I'm a huge fan of the last We Are All Going to Burn in Hell Megamix. Always enjoyed EL-P's production since I was introduced to it circa 2000. I haven't necessarily followed him, nor do I regularly, so the news is news to me, and I'm excited. Just can't help but wonder if he's got anything with his now-defunct Def Jux crew. Aesop? Lif? Vast? Well, Cage has kinda gone emo, so I don't know if I look forward to anything from him anymore.

I'm a huge fan of the last We Are All Going to Burn in Hell Megamix. Always enjoyed EL-P's production since I was introduced to it circa 2000. I haven't necessarily followed him, nor do I regularly, so the news is news to me, and I'm excited. Just can't help but wonder if he's got anything with his now-defunct Def Jux crew. Aesop? Lif? Vast? Well, Cage has kinda gone emo, so I don't know if I look forward to anything from him anymore.

Don't count on it. For one El-P wrote on his Facebook page a few months back there's no way he'll ever collaborate with Cannibal Ox again and in the case of Mr. Lif it looked like he jumped ship in 2009 when he set up Bloodbot Tactical Enterprises. Things with Aesop and Cage are still possible I guess, although I wouldn't be suprised if they begin to drift apart due to new label ties and collaborated far less often than before.

Guest carthief

Thanks so much for posting this.

the combination of this news and the sample track took my mood from wanting to smash random shit at work to "something akin to happiness." (John Krakauer)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if the signed posters for the deluxe package are hand signed or printed? Wouldn't mind paying a bit more if it's actually signed, but don't want to be ripped off if it's just a tacky print.

Album drops May 22nd (Europe / UK May 28th via Turnstile)!

Was looking forward to this record, now I have to wait an extra week :sad:

Archived