IGNORED

Im looking for a sample pack of unusual percussion sounds

pcock

Guest subset

I have been releasing drum sample packs for a while on my website, and most of them could be indeed called "unusual". I.e. one of them is a drum set created entirely out of various elevator sounds. Most other packs are synthetic though, but each one has some twist of its own.

Check them out: http://www.blips.eu/

I hope you'll find among them at least a few that will fit you needs. ;)

Guest Hermann

I´ve been hoping to buy a decent microphone and interface or just some equipment to use for a long time too, I´ve just been using my laptop microphone for everything I record naturally, and hopefully one day that will change. It does often work with its cheap and dirty sound, but I´d like to get some new sounds by using a different (more clean) microphone.

I do sometimes wonder though, if I had ever had proper recording equipment from the start (as in, from when i first started getting the urges to create my own music) would I have ever made electronic music? Probably not, actually. I only really started doing it because I didn´t have any other option, but it turns out it was actually enjoyable for me :)

I do sometimes wonder though, if I had ever had proper recording equipment from the start (as in, from when i first started getting the urges to create my own music) would I have ever made electronic music? Probably not, actually. I only really started doing it because I didn´t have any other option, but it turns out it was actually enjoyable for me :)

From William Gibson's novel Pattern Recognition:

Walking on, he explains to her that Sinclair, the British inventor, had a way of getting things right, but also exactly wrong. Foreseeing the market for affordable personal computers, Sinclair decided that what people would want to do with them was to learn programming. The ZX81, marketed in the United States as the Timex 1000, cost less than the equivalent of a hundred dollars, but required the user to key in programs, tapping away on that little motel keyboard-sticker. This had resulted both in the short market-life of the product and, in Voytek's opinion, twenty years on, in the relative preponderance of skilled programmers in the United Kingdom. They had their heads turned by these little boxes, he believes, and by the need to program them...

..."But if Timex sold it in the United States," she asks him, "why didn't we get the programmers?"

"You have programmers, but America is different. America wanted Nintendo. Nintendo gives you no programmers. Also, on launch of product in America, RAM-expansion unit did not ship for three months. People buy computer, take it home, discover it does almost nothing. A disaster."

I have been releasing drum sample packs for a while on my website, and most of them could be indeed called "unusual". I.e. one of them is a drum set created entirely out of various elevator sounds. Most other packs are synthetic though, but each one has some twist of its own.

cool sounds and sample loops

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

cool sounds and sample loops

A lot of the boxes on your website only show like half of the text and theirs no way to scroll down to download the sample packs on those for me.

Yessir... who sadly just broke up. He recently released a new full length under the name Zammuto. The second video I linked is what got me into music making... sheiiit 8 years ago now.

I've been using some of your sounds in this track, thanks!

• 1 year later...

http://archive.org/browse.php?field=subject&mediatype=movies&collection=prelinger

several audio rips from prelinger videos, a wave editor, 6 hours and 10,000 mouse clicks

thumbs-up-happy-face.jpg

success

If it's any help, I made a program that automatically splits up a big waveform into lots of little ones, extracting single notes. For example, I ran a historic NASA recording through it, and used the radio static clicks as the rhythm basis of one of my (so far unreleased) tracks, Soaring.

That way, you can spend more time recording samples and making music with them, as you don't have to spend as much time on the drudgery of finding the start and end points of each sample.

the sample pack that was originally posted in here was amazing, however it got lost when my last computer died, dont suppose anyone knows any links for it that are still alive?

the greatest library i've ever seen

everything you could possibly want

free

you might want to record your own for the soul factor, but this is a great resource, period.

http://wiki.laptop.o...o/Sound_samples

This was exactly what i was looking for, thanks very much.

doesnt matter, its working again now. ace.

The iphone's mic is amazing!

I was going to say in response to the "no mic" comment, cell phone? Even a shit cellie should have a way to get audio from it's memo or w/e feature to a computer (whether via usb or email or whatever)

Guest peterdines

If it's any help, I made a program that automatically splits up a big waveform into lots of little ones, extracting single notes. For example, I ran a historic NASA recording through it, and used the radio static clicks as the rhythm basis of one of my (so far unreleased) tracks, Soaring.

That way, you can spend more time recording samples and making music with them, as you don't have to spend as much time on the drudgery of finding the start and end points of each sample.

This thread is a gold mine. The OLPC page, the Prelinger archive idea and now this. Thank you! :emotawesomepm9:

This thread is a gold mine. The OLPC page, the Prelinger archive idea and now this. Thank you! :emotawesomepm9:

That looks awesome. Any chance of a compiled version for us plebs?

Archived