IGNORED

EURO 2012

Guest MortstoX

Czech 2 - 2 Portugal.

Portugal win by a goal from Pepe in extra time.

I like this scenario much better than what actually happened...

quite a boring match really, though Ronaldo showed off some great skills. Portugal deserved the win there.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Czechs defended valiantly, but generating little own offense isn't going to win many games. It was Portugal's to win from the start.

I expect a similar game tonight, one team pressing the other holding on.

Guest Gary C

It was the Ronaldo show. Everything hinged on him, so it's a shame he didn't score more. His chest-touch-turn-and-shot that hit the post in the first half was amazing. He could have scored 4.

Guest drukqs11

The czechs made 2 (!) shots and none of them on target so it says all about their intensions in the game it was 10 man behind the ball and Baros at front.

I must root for Greece today, so many trouble and problems in their country i guess its kinda poetric justice for them to win.

But also, just as already said, probably it will be a game like yesterday with Germany steamrolling and i think they can score much more easily then Portugal, specially because they dont have Cech as GK.

Guest Gary C

Apparently Germany aren't even fielding what would be considered a 'full strength' team.

Either they're underestimating Greece and will be punished, or they'll still saunter in the semis and Podolski, Gomez and Muller will be fresh and ready to destroy England/Italy and then Spain/France/Portugal.

Guest EskimoSpy

It was the Ronaldo show. Everything hinged on him, so it's a shame he didn't score more. His chest-touch-turn-and-shot that hit the post in the first half was amazing. He could have scored 4.

But... to throw a fit in the 7th minute when *one* pass doesn't go his way? :-/ pooooor form mr. Ronaldo. Plus, rather than thanking his teammates for the buildup play he complains loudly about how he was robbed of two goals from hitting the upright. I dunno. But right around the time when I was thinking "How can Portugal stand him?" he scores the winning goal... hah. That's Ronaldo for you eh?

Hope I can catch Greece/Germany today.. depends on how watchful the bosses are.

Guest drukqs11
How can Portugal stand him?" he scores the winning goal... hah. That's Ronaldo for you eh?

You don't need to like him as a person (he has a lot of traits i personally dislike) to like him as as the football 'machine' as he is. Ronaldo compensates all the hillbillyness (thats basically what he is: an hillbilly with shitloads of money) and 'culture of self' with having a work rate and winning mentality unmatched in the football world.

The thing is, Portugal player by player is considered to have the worst team in the last 15 years or so but with Ronaldo around and in good shape it boosts everyone morale and confidence tenfold and that's whats driving us to victory until now.

Sadly, he seems to be a douchbag all the time, but that's probably just his mentally working. As long as he keeps scoring and boosting everyone in his team level of play, fair enough for me.

Guest Mirezzi

Most teams left in the tournament will rely on the talent and experience of at least one or two completely inexcusable Douchetards on their side. Spain have Biscuits, Italy have Balotelli, England have Terry, etc. etc.

Guest Mirezzi

France have Ribery.

He's a douchetard.

God yes. I was going to give an exhaustive list, but I was leaving the house so I trailed off after the big offenders. :)

Is Terry really a douchetard on the pitch? He might bang other player's WAGs, but on the pitch he's generally pretty sensible (barring the idiocy of the CL semi-final).

if anyone is England's douchetard, surely it's Ashley Young?

Spain - god..the list would take ages although they haven't been doing as much of their imaginary card-waving as usual. Maybe they've been told off? In fact the level of dissent has been pretty minimal this tournament. Refreshing.

Balotelli? Misunderstood genius *snicker*. Italy supposedly have Chiellini out..that hurts.

http://www.guardian....mario-balotelli

lol from that article:

They (Italy) were overjoyed when they heard Vicente del Bosque's Spain had beaten Croatia 1-0 in the other Group C match, where a 2-2 draw would have sent Italy out, leading Italian media to become obsessed with fears of a possible fix which they call a "biscuit".

Italian football fans fear fix? Get out.

Ribery is a class A douchetard, Cabaye is a cunt, and Nasri needs to beg Silva for some rectally inserted cum...he's running out of steam.

Germany don't really have a douchetard do they? I mean Mario Gomez is too good looking, but aside from that, they just all seem to be very German. The one thing I have to wonder is - if Germany reach the final and it gets to penalties, will the CL final prey on the Bayern Munich players' minds at all. Because taking penalties is really all mental.

Greece? lol

I took it to mean someone who acts arrogantly (douche) and does stupid shit on the pitch (tard). Sergio Busquets is a near perfect example, with his diving and play-acting, and then getting all aggrieved when someone on another team does it.

Guest Gary C

Is Terry really a douchetard on the pitch?

JT consistently niggles at opposing attackers. More often than not he gets away with the sort of off-the-ball incidents that he got caught for in the CL semi-final. He's also been clearly caught calling an opponent a 'black cunt'.

Frankly, it boils my blood that the Suarez race incident was dealt with within a month, but Terry's case was postponed until after the Euros. Apparently Terry's case is something outside of the FA; a personal suit from Anton Ferdinand and some aggrieved fans... but really, it smacks of a conspiracy to let the racist get his Champions League medals and England caps before he's exposed as the cunt we're all well aware he is.

Consistently niggling at forwards is what you'd expect any good defender to do. You get in their head.

The ferdinand thing is pretty inexcusable. Should have just called him a cunt and been done with it.

Also, can't really have a Germany v. Greece match without this:

I took it to mean someone who acts arrogantly (douche) and does stupid shit on the pitch (tard). Sergio Busquets is a near perfect example, with his diving and play-acting, and then getting all aggrieved when someone on another team does it.

Then indeed, it's hard to find a douchetard in a german team..

Archived