IGNORED

Daedelus

Jur

Guest CraniumXII

Saw him last year... Good fun! Though he was playing a lot of dance/techno... Was catering to the crowd around here. He'd play like one generic dance song followed by one of his own. Smart performance overall though; everyone was into it :happy:

I think his material is quite fun n' unique. A regular gentleman.

Guest interr0bangr

Tried to listen to his stuff a million times and it never clicks. Just too quirky and sweet and juvenile without any edge or hook.

Love him, the live show is off the chain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_zIvFYQWig

I think his live show and general efforts to be innovative with equipment AND fun in his production style overshadows any mediocrity to his work. Personally I've never been able to get into his whole discography, but I have nothing but respect for him.

And Madvillain fans will know this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZh-Vh81Osw

Tried to listen to his stuff a million times and it never clicks. Just too quirky and sweet and juvenile without any edge or hook.

Have you heard Exquisite Corpse?

I think his live show and general efforts to be innovative with equipment AND fun in his production style overshadows any mediocrity to his work. Personally I've never been able to get into his whole discography, but I have nothing but respect for him.

This; he's released a ton of material so there are bound to be the inevitable hits and misses, not to mention the stuff you never have the time/money to get around to - I still need check out Bespoke and the Long Lost (they're both on my to-do list).

That said, Exquisite Corpse and Denies the Day's Demise are both excellent albums worth checking out.

He's also one of the nicest blokes you'll ever meet too.

Guest CraniumXII

This; he's released a ton of material so there are bound to be the inevitable hits and misses, not to mention the stuff you never have the time/money to get around to - I still need check out Bespoke and the Long Lost (they're both on my to-do list).

That said, Exquisite Corpse and Denies the Day's Demise are both excellent albums worth checking out.

He's also one of the nicest blokes you'll ever meet too.

This! Again, true gentleman.

• 4 months later...

I love daedelus!

DAEDELUS_BW_12.jpg

My favorite album of his is invention. I find that most of his musics move in and out compelling moments and very ambient stuff that is hard to grasp, which I actually like, things going out of focus and such.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP4KBoHrT6Y

I love how he incorporates old bits of movie score sounds so seamlessly in his tracks

daedelus.jpg

whos hatin? ill fuckin smash em up.

ps check this shit http://youtu.be/RE0XZVhFzt4 some brony dude made a boring remix or something but i dont want to shit talk him in the comments cus im sure daedelus keeps an eye on youtube and i dont want to look like a jerk

e: at least i assumeits a brony based on the pic.

ee: checked his soundcloud and hes ina brony group oh well

this is what i show people when i tell them about daedelus, i bought some japanese import CD+DVD to get the full show boom

• 4 weeks later...

Archived