IGNORED

Job Centre bullshit rules

oscillik

Describing him physically made it seem as though you were willing to get physical. But I just re-read the thread and you weren't. Nevermind.

:beer:

again, Ribena. no alcohol.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it makes you a jobsworth if you agree with the rules. I mean, if for some mad reason my flat had a no drinking indoors rule and somebody defied it I'd deck them.

Unfortunately it's not your property and in the process of trying to get a shit job, it's this guys shit job to enforce those rules. Or he loses his shit job.

I don't think it's a good rule, mind.

Probably worth having a bit of compassion for the guy, instead of making personal remarks about him.

You miserable, emaciated cunt.

I don't think it makes you a jobsworth if you agree with the rules. I mean, if for some mad reason my flat had a no drinking indoors rule and somebody defied it I'd deck them.

Unfortunately it's not your property and in the process of trying to get a shit job, it's this guys shit job to enforce those rules. Or he loses his shit job.

I don't think it's a good rule, mind.

Probably worth having a bit of compassion for the guy, instead of making personal remarks about him.

You miserable, emaciated cunt.

I would've expected security guards to use common sense. For example, if the real reason why drinks are not allowed is indeed the reason that messiaen stated (alcohol suspicion), upon my remark of "I'm not going to spill it, it's a hot day..." he could've asked to examine the drink, and verify that it indeed was a soft drink. That, along with the actual fact that it is blatantly too fucking warm, it would've been reasonable for him to say "okay, just a quick swig".

He would've been doing his job, and been a 'good guy greg'. But no, he had to be a patronising bastard. No compassion earned.

[media=]

[/media]

Video at 2:53

Fucking genius.

edit: Also, here in the UK it's quite rare to see armed police. security guards are never armed.

yeah, i remember actually finding myself feeling quite ... affected by seeing tonnes of police armed with submachine guns by the eiffel tower in paris, i never think about it but ive almost never seen a gun in my life.

yeah, i remember actually finding myself feeling quite ... affected by seeing tonnes of police armed with submachine guns by the eiffel tower in paris, i never think about it but ive almost never seen a gun in my life.

It was certainly a jarring thing to actually be in the presence of armed officers at Newark International Airport, in New Jersey.

re: guns in public... when I moved to Italy, I was disturbed by seeing the police officers with machine guns everywhere. Now I'm back in the US, and it's a common sight here as well. Keeping us safe from something.

Guest theSun

It was certainly a jarring thing to actually be in the presence of armed officers at Newark International Airport, in New Jersey.

just be glad you made it out of jersey alive

Osc, in the U.S. you would have been forced to actually discard the beverage in the garbage, wrestled to the ground, and subjected to a boot stamping on your face -- forever

just be glad you made it out of jersey alive

Ahh, I was in the terminal, so technically I wasn't even in the US.

Osc, in the U.S. you would have been forced to actually discard the beverage in the garbage, wrestled to the ground, and subjected to a boot stamping on your face -- forever

what about the rat in the cage?

Guest chunky

cashseeker's allowance

yeah security/police act in a horrible way

better just act nice to them and be polite

keep your head down

they were pretty fukcing mean to stop you having a drink in this weather

hospitals get tough on rudeness now, with a&e departments etc

i went to a&e once and this couple were getting a bollocking from pretty much all the staff one after another

they had to stay in the hospital to get healed and then every time they went to another staff they had a stern talkign to

the reason is the girl had said 'can you fucking hurry up'

cos she used the word fucking then the hospital and security got ANGRY as hell

couple was humiliated hehe and the girl cried like a baby

then after watching that i went to see a doctor, she was big and fat and really rude and ugly hehe

in china people drive like maniacs on the road, when they see a policeman though it's a completely different story, they turn into civilized humans until the exact second that the policeman is out of sight again. the moral is, be polite to people with power over you otherwise you get destroyed?

Guest sirch

I don't think soda qualifies as a hydrating drink.

lol. that's what i thought.

caffeine + sugars... not so hydrating.

Would the guard really argue about the fact that it was a hydrating drink if you'd have put that point to him? It would have been lulz if so, but I don't think they have the greatest thought processes out there. Maybe he was dicking with you like he got dicked when he was in the same queue before he got that job.

I've actually never been in a JobCentre but I know a couple of people who have used it for job seekers. One of them was on it for god knows how long after he couldn't find anything to use his degree in music tech for. They gave him a questionnaire after a certain amount of time, to which he managed to get a copy. I remember one of the questions on it:

"If somebody asked you to add two numbers together using a calculator, could you carry out this task correctly?"

I kid you not.

Guest Gary C

Would the guard really argue about the fact that it was a hydrating drink if you'd have put that point to him? It would have been lulz if so, but I don't think they have the greatest thought processes out there. Maybe he was dicking with you like he got dicked when he was in the same queue before he got that job.

I've actually never been in a JobCentre but I know a couple of people who have used it for job seekers. One of them was on it for god knows how long after he couldn't find anything to use his degree in music tech for. They gave him a questionnaire after a certain amount of time, to which he managed to get a copy. I remember one of the questions on it:

"If somebody asked you to add two numbers together using a calculator, could you carry out this task correctly?"

I kid you not.

I signed on with two friends and got a job before them, but after 6 months they were required to attend 'finding a job' courses. It was supposed to be about how to write a cv and how to prepare for interviews, but apparently the whole time was spent helping 90% of the class start a Word document.

I kid you not.

I signed on with two friends and got a job before them, but after 6 months they were required to attend 'finding a job' courses. It was supposed to be about how to write a cv and how to prepare for interviews, but apparently the whole time was spent helping 90% of the class start a Word document.

Yeah I was put on one of those pointless things too, about a year ago.

Then approximately 6 months ago I was put on The Work Programme which is mostly just as fruitless. The local provider for my job centre was Action for Employment, and I was required to attend multiple 'workshops' there, most of which were useless.

One of them, which revolved around capitalising on your skills, had an exercise where job titles were written on the white board and we all had to contribute to say what skills would be useful in those job roles. One of the job roles was IT Support Technician. When the person conducting this workshop wrote on the whiteboard Qualifications (MIcrosoft Certification, Sisko Certification) I had to correct her.

"Excuse me, I think the training materials you have are incorrect - it's Cisco spelled C I S C O" (I think that's a reasonably polite and concise way of letting them know it's wrong)

"No it isn't." (that is exactly her response, and along with the look of condescension she gave me, I rebutted)

"Yes it is. I think I would know, I've been interested in computers and technology since I was 12."

She refused to accept that the training materials were wrong.

Guest sirch

but some people purposely act thick as pig shit and would waste time pretending they didn't know anything about computers just so they can stay on the dole, innit.

edit: response to G C

Archived