IGNORED

Track: Unreal Square

phudoshin

So the second track seems to have really pissed people off... Well as TJ says himself.. its rather like an electronic sea shanty (think Cylob) and I understand that completely... its hyper catchy to the point of annoyance which is why i think it works so well,because just when you think it's waaay too much, he drops the fucking thing into the squarepuseriser and spits out a blast of FUCK ALL Y'ALL.

I loved that in the live setting from the NY and SF bootlegs and now the album version gets me every time.... what he does with his own silly melody is brilliant.. sends it to outer space and back.

So i give it the thumbs up for sheer balls and playfullness and in the end, the kind of musicality that only squarepuser can do. The man can produce a killer melodoy so sometimes he does it too the absolute limit ... like here.

Last thought on this... its almost the opposite to "the exloding psychology" which starts of abrasive and ends on extreme melody. NOICE!

Guest ruiagnelo

now, i kinda think of it like if SP was mocking all the shitty commercial producers out there: look skrillex, i can do that too, but i bet you can't do... this! HUWHUHAHAHAHHAA AHAHHAHA

edit: but at first it was really annoying yea

Guest CraniumXII

I initially also felt it was a bit "wtf"... but I understand it's sort of a juxtaposition, having this sort of chipper/8-bit style melody along with the heavy sub-bass blasts. I actually enjoy this song in its own context, but still find myself skipping it for often than not.

Also, yes... I do feel it's a bit of a fuck you, to all the commercial Skrill-nonsense. Not sure if intentional, but it definitely beats all that bull____ at its own game. :wink:

The track in the live recordings didn't sound so awful, the distortion and the noise did actually hide some of the annoying sounds in the track, specially everything after the drop.

Also that drop, no shame!! It works with the younger crowd so I can't complain, it's just not for me.

Guest ruiagnelo

The track in the live recordings didn't sound so awful, the distortion and the noise did actually hide some of the annoying sounds in the track, specially everything after the drop.

Also that drop, no shame!! It works with the younger crowd so I can't complain, it's just not for me.

I think Tom wants to attract Skrillex fans and then mess with their heads until they explode. violently.

I love that track when i'm in the right mood.

I love when it goes double-time, and how fucking ridiculous it gets near the end. I laugh every time, but it's a laugh of awesomeness.

I love this track.

First time I heard it, flat out fun times.

If it is a big FUCK YOU to current production techniques / electronic production then only someone like squarepusher could get away with doing it.

Another thread talks about the compression levels of this record, which again I believe is a big middle finger to the Skrillz of the world. I too can push my sound even further.

I love this track.

First time I heard it, flat out fun times.

If it is a big FUCK YOU to current production techniques / electronic production then only someone like squarepusher could get away with doing it.

Another thread talks about the compression levels of this record, which again I believe is a big middle finger to the Skrillz of the world. I too can push my sound even further.

Why would he do that? Doesn't go to what he said in the interviews.

Archived