IGNORED

Music - New Releases Subforum

encey

what a waste of time obel. your post reflects your maturity level, but one day, when you grown up, you'll discover there are much more constructive things to do then hurling abuse at anyone, for no reason other then your own enjoyment.

edit: thx u encey for creating this topic. i think it is important that we talk about the new release subforum and put forth new ideas together. including a rating feature would be a welcome addition, i would agree. i am not sure this forum software includes such a feature but if it does, it would be worth experimenting with. new releases subforum is good fun, there are other music release forums i frequent and this one is the favorite. i'm hesitant to compare watmm's new release subforum to other subforums on the watmm but it is obviously one that i do enjoy very much. i'm for anything that will focus watmm and push it further towards its primary purpose, further towards its ideal. joyrex has always wanted watmm to truly realize its potential. years ago watmm was somewhat more focused and whole, focusing on what it stands for and i look forward to that happening again. i think watmm is something very special but i think it has the potential to be truly great and this metamorphosis will continue to happen over time as we all put ourselves towards it.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what a waste of time obel. your post reflects your maturity level,

LOL. Speak for yourself Mr Social Experiment

Guest sirch

You think people care enough about jumping on a bandwagon on a forum? I doubt it. I think you take this too seriously sunshine.

Also I'm curious, roughly in a month how many keyboards do you break from all the dribbling?

no. quite the opposite.

and yes i do think other people care enough (some way too much) and do tend to jump on bandwagons here. a lot in fact!

also, roughly..? i'd say 3 keyboards, and 1 sampler. and maybe 2 FX pedals on a good day.

i just can't help it... blame your mum!

i mean, have you seen her pictures and videos recently??

Guest sirch

what a waste of time obel. your post reflects your maturity level

i agree. total wank stain.

I'm not really bothered by him. I just think he posts a lot of quasi philosophical, ill thought out bullshit. Tries to sound all mysterious and holier than thou, but ends up coming across as a trustafarian nerd. Remember his social experiment? Pure cuntitude.

To be fair to Troon, I don't think he's done that in quite some time now (although I may be wrong, been checking in more sporadically lately). The social experiment bollocks did irk me at the time, but overall Troon's provided me with some decent heads-up on new releases and he does seem to share quite a bit of common ground with me in terms of music.

I don't have a problem with anyone involved in this last flurry of posts by the way, just feel that Troon-bashing is getting a little old now, like me I suppose.

Troonie: Do you get your info. on new releases by keeping up with artists you particularly like, or carefully scouring other electronic music messageboards of a similar nature, or from boomkat et. al.? or are you indiscriminate, and feel it your role to post about as many new releases as you can find, just for the sake of coverage? or for showing off? or are you paid by labels to do it? What is your motivation? I think you are one of the reasons the New Releases subforum is so rich with content; no one can deny that! And if you actually listen to all the releases you post about, my hat's off to you! I can barely keep up with the latest Britney.

The forum used to have a 'star' system where people could rate threads, and we used it (still use it?) in the YLC subforum. I think, as a representation of the forum's collective judgment, it would be a neat feature for new releases threads, although I already said that in my OP. Bears repeating though!

To be fair, I've diverged from the topic and I apologise for that. But I will say this, I have no problem with troon as a person, obviously don't know him. However I do think on WATMM he presents himself as a twat. And so does sirch. And so do I. And that's fine.

Guest sirch

I'm not really bothered by him. I just think he posts a lot of quasi philosophical, ill thought out bullshit. Tries to sound all mysterious and holier than thou, but ends up coming across as a trustafarian nerd. Remember his social experiment? Pure cuntitude.

To be fair to Troon, I don't think he's done that in quite some time now (although I may be wrong, been checking in more sporadically lately). The social experiment bollocks did irk me at the time, but overall Troon's provided me with some decent heads-up on new releases and he does seem to share quite a bit of common ground with me in terms of music.

I don't have a problem with anyone involved in this last flurry of posts by the way, just feel that Troon-bashing is getting a little old now, like me I suppose.

i don't remember the "social experiment"..? must've missed that.

but at the end of the day at least he actually contributes to the forum

whereas i have no idea what obel contributes to this place. but i'd say nothing. other than "cuntitude", to be fair.

Troonie: Do you get your info. on new releases by keeping up with artists you particularly like, or carefully scouring other electronic music messageboards of a similar nature, or from boomkat et. al.? or are you indiscriminate, and feel it your role to post about as many new releases as you can find, just for the sake of coverage? or for showing off? or are you paid by labels to do it? What is your motivation? I think you are one of the reasons the New Releases subforum is so rich with content; no one can deny that! And if you actually listen to all the releases you post about, my hat's off to you! I can barely keep up with the latest Britney.

The forum used to have a 'star' system where people could rate threads, and we used it (still use it?) in the YLC subforum. I think, as a representation of the forum's collective judgment, it would be a neat feature for new releases threads, although I already said that in my OP. Bears repeating though!

i'd just assume keep the details surrounding my motives anonymous, although i do have a genuine interest in most of the artists i share here on the watmm. i usually will listen to large percentage of the musics i post and occasionally i will post something that i don't have the strongest interest for, in the interest of the community. i'm involved with others who have similar tastes and similar motive and together we choose from some of our favorites what might appeal to the watmm, within the boundaries of our interest. i've been playing records for quite some years and am surrounded by community of music enthusiasts. i've been listening to odd bits of this or that, here or there, ever since i can remember and search out sound recordings using every resource available, with every free moment i find. i have love for electronic music as well as various types of other music, but electronic sounds in particular, since i was quite a young lad. i've been influenced, just as we all have, by my surroundings, people in my life, by family through the years and so on. thx u plees for your compliments and we'll keep posting as often as we can find the time.

Guest sirch

..or t'was an over zealous spell check er.

i'd like to see troon make another poll... but this time one about who else he thinks should be banned from the forum.

that would make an interesting 'discussion'. haha

:duckhunt:

Guest sirch

i'd wager he did that on purpose... the assume, as soon, bit.

why?

i'd take you up on that bet. he often displays his poor grammar.

why? just because i would, i guess.

it's fun to play around with words.

and this isn't 'work', where you have to be serious, well behaved and formal, and display cleverousness all the time.

it was probably just laziness. but why the fuck does it matter anyways......???????? lol

..or t'was an over zealous spell check er.

..or twat an overzealous spell checker.

lol. well displayed! ;)

i'd wager he did that on purpose... the assume, as soon, bit.

why?

i'd take you up on that bet. he often displays his poor grammar.

why? just because i would, i guess.

it's fun to play around with words.

and this isn't 'work', where you have to be serious, well behaved and formal, and display cleverousness all the time.

it was probably just laziness. but why the fuck does it matter anyways......???????? lol

my guess is it's something he's gone though life occasionally saying out allowed and neither nobody noticed because he was mumbling, or they didn't bother to correct him because it's not nice to learn people, and he'll climb he did it on purpose and/or that it's a rarely used phrase anyway

i didn't even Finnish School trough, so i shouldn't get involved

edit: oops sorry

Archived