IGNORED

Music - New Releases Subforum

encey

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol. err, not really. considering they both mean exactly the same thing, and what i was saying does actually exist?

whereas tit-bit or tit bit, does not, keltoi.

but yes, how will i live with myself... haha

actually, it had a hyphen in the olden days but it was dropped/phased out over time. :cisfor:

new releases is prob. my favorite subforum here.

troon bro, I no thing personal against you but my grievances against your modus operandi in the new releases are as follows

- you post every new release by everyone remotely electronic under the sun. It dilutes the forum and pushes a lot of quality, banter-worthy albums off the first page. Yeah yeah of course you can easily go on to pages 2, 3, etc. (or maybe even have luck with the shitty forum search), but the reality is most of the time people just scan the first page for new posts before moving on.

- Most of your posts are simply just a hyperlink to some label website, nothing else. If you're compelled enough to start a topic about a new release, at least have something to say about it, otherwise why start a topic in the first place??

which brings us to...

- you don't/won't fully disclose your interests, i.e., who's paying you. For a mod and topic starter for about 1/3 of the content of the subforum it's the least you should do.

QFT^1000

For a mod and topic starter for about 1/3 of the content of the subforum it's the least you should do.

troon's a mod?

Dunno what powers have been bestowed to him but -

vw6P5.png

new releases is prob. my favorite subforum here.

troon bro, I no thing personal against you but my grievances against your modus operandi in the new releases are as follows

- you post every new release by everyone remotely electronic under the sun. It dilutes the forum and pushes a lot of quality, banter-worthy albums off the first page. Yeah yeah of course you can easily go on to pages 2, 3, etc. (or maybe even have luck with the shitty forum search), but the reality is most of the time people just scan the first page for new posts before moving on.

- Most of your posts are simply just a hyperlink to some label website, nothing else. If you're compelled enough to start a topic about a new release, at least have something to say about it, otherwise why start a topic in the first place??

which brings us to...

- you don't/won't fully disclose your interests, i.e., who's paying you. For a mod and topic starter for about 1/3 of the content of the subforum it's the least you should do.

QFT^1000

Which points do you take issue with and why

^ i think he's agreeing with you bob.

and wtf at troon being a mod.

i'd noticed that benedict wasn't wearing a red mod badge any more.

also, does noone look at boomkat and pitchfork for themselves?

My only other request would be that if the ratings were listed on the main forum page, it would be easy to scroll through threads looking for ones with high or low ratings to read about. Is that a possible feature?

Edit: just to clarify what I'm talking about -- as it is, you have to click on the thread to see the rating, I believe.

I'm not sure if the rating can be shown on the topic index, but if I can alter the templates to do so, I agree that would be a very helpful feature. There might be a hook or addon that accomplishes that.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

the user called tidbit was a great contributer to the discussion of music on this forum. i would always check out every weird release he posted.

what happened to kalle?

and wtf at troon being a mod.

i'd noticed that benedict wasn't wearing a red mod badge any more.

troon is a moderator of the new release forum only. same as myself. we simply try and keep the title formatting good and delete posts that are clearly spam.

as for troons paymaster, i can confirm it to be

New & Upcoming should show more topics, so records don't get pushed back too much..

It'd perhaps be nice as well if there'd be small covers shown next to the title or something..

New & Upcoming should show more topics, so records don't get pushed back too much..

It'd perhaps be nice as well if there'd be small covers shown next to the title or something..

That's a nice idea, but the issue then becomes one of making sure the poster goes through the trouble of finding a cover image, otherwise we'll have a rash of generic "placeholder" images where album art should be.

Guest ruiagnelo

That's a nice idea, but the issue then becomes one of making sure the poster goes through the trouble of finding a cover image, otherwise we'll have a rash of generic "placeholder" images where album art should be.

even tho i think the poster should do that, in order to achieve a complete post, I think it should be open to other members to fill that gap, because sometimes we just don't have the time...

even tho i think the poster should do that, in order to achieve a complete post, I think it should be open to other members to fill that gap, because sometimes we just don't have the time...

The moderators who work to keep that forum in order have enough to do as it is, and we certainly can't allow anyone to edit anyone's posts, even in one forum...

Archived