IGNORED

Andrew Weatherall - Masterpiece

Redruth

P1T1x.jpg

"Mr. Weatherall requires no introduction if you're over the age of 25 and have even a passing interest in club music. For everyone else he's the guy behind Primal Scream's definitive '90s LP 'Screamadelica' and one of the most respected wax collectors in the world. For his 'Masterpiece' he draws for no less than six of his own remixes out of 12 on offer. They include his chugging overhauls of Grinderman, The Horrors, Wooden Shjips, and the aforementioned Primals, plus a strolling pace rework of Timothy J Fairplay and a Big Beat Rockers remix of Toddla T & Roots Manuva's 'Watch Me Dance'. Complementing these are fine cuts from Walls, Ajello, Kaspar Bjørke, A.R. Kane and Aquarius Heaven"

http://boomkat.com/d...ous-masterpiece

http://www.discogs.c...drew Weatherall

Been meaning to get this for the last few weeks. The triple cd is on amazon for 8 or 9 quid, or was at least last time I looked and thats a bargain!!

You can be safe in the knowldege that if you listen to this there will be some classic tracks you have never heard of. It's gotta be good.

• 5 months later...

Mmmm, so I finally acquired this and was left bitterly dissapointed. Seemed a bit shit tbh, was expecting all kinds of sonic madness but was left somewhat bored. Maybe I wasnt in the right frame of mind. Just thought I'd let you know.

I have the Francois K "Masterpiece" which was alright, fairly good selection of techno, old and new.

The best Andrew Weatherwall mix I have heard in a long time was his Fabric CD from a few years back, a slice of class that is.

Archived