IGNORED

Things people write on Facebook

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to have a serious problem with "Likes"... Like, wtf do people feel when pressing "Like"... Like, what's the point... It's like the coldest, antisocial way of saying "I saw this." Fuck it. The only reason I "like" stuff is because I just want to keep some people near and, since they feel a "Like" like a fucking "I love you, I miss you, let's fuck., I don't need to think about something to talk.

Take this with a grain of salt, because I've never been on FB. But it's interesting and sort of encouraging to me that people are posting all this banal, needy shit. This is the first time we're all getting our collective unconscious out in the open, however filtered and stunted it may be. Of course this is what it looks like. But now it has the chance to directly, quantifiably bother you, and you have the chance to respond. And though it's much harder to gauge the effects of your response, it will be felt. I think that's pretty cool.

Never signing up for FB ever, btw. Like I said, grain of salt.

Take this with a grain of salt, because I've never been on FB. But it's interesting and sort of encouraging to me that people are posting all this banal, needy shit. This is the first time we're all getting our collective unconscious out in the open, however filtered and stunted it may be. Of course this is what it looks like. But now it has the chance to directly, quantifiably bother you, and you have the chance to respond. And though it's much harder to gauge the effects of your response, it will be felt. I think that's pretty cool.

Never signing up for FB ever, btw. Like I said, grain of salt.

Wise choice my man. I don't recommend signing up.

If it weren't for the fact that it would be much more difficult for me to keep in touch with all my friends from high school and back in Japan without it, I would have no need for the [ f].

One thing that annoys me is that i can't just say whatever i want to a friend's update because every other fucker including distant friends et al, will see my comment, be it crude, blue, esoteric or rather cutting, the close friends wouldn't care but i'm sure they wouldn't want the world that they've added to their address books being exposed to my comments. Which makes you wonder what the fuck having the reply option is for. Why is it there? What's the point if it only invites homely yes friend type pointless noise.

bollocks.

Oh jeebus. How fucking stupid is this...

I had to change my profile to a giraffe. I tried to answer a riddle and got it wrong. Try the great giraffe challenge!

The deal is I give you a riddle. You get it right you get to keep your profile pic. You get it wrong and you change your profile pic to a Giraffe for the next 3 days.

I don't know if I'm supposed to do a new riddle or not. I technically got this one right, but I sent the wrong answer first.

MESSAGE ME ONLY SO YOU DON'T GIVE OUT THE ANSWER.

Here is the riddle: 3:00 am, the doorbell rings and you wake up. Unexpected visitors, It's your parents and they are there for breakfast. You have strawberry jam, honey, wine, bread and cheese. What is the first thing you open?

Remember... message me only. If you get it right I'll post your name here. If you get it wrong change your profile pic.

1383902_10153349495800316_1470695120_n.j

:facepalm:

guy on my feed did it too and wound up using this pic:

1381952_479207612192780_1139374878_n.jpg

So I'm guessing the right answer is "your eyes", or am I missing something here?

So I'm guessing the right answer is "your eyes", or am I missing something here?

I think the answer is "the door" but it's stupid so who knows.

The answer is eyes, but the riddle already sets the premise of being awake. Trick question, shit riddle.

I want to punch people in the face, that posts updates/pictures/whatever with political agendas on social media.

I have to admit that I do it occassionaly. But only occassionaly. And I only post apolitic things with political implications.

Seriously, I try to be very onobtrusive about it.

But if someone wants to see the world change and bring things to awareness then nothing beats social media. It is literally the greatest instrument for social change that has ever existed. It's like the printing press on bath salts.

Archived