IGNORED

Things people write on Facebook

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Facebook is all baby photos, sensationalized news articles, and angry political comments.

its all you want it to be. just mute all crappy posts and join groups you really like. problem solved

I hope the UK votes to leave the EU. That might put an end to the utterly failed EU project.

the idea of leaving the conservatives utterly unrestrained by any higher level of law is an utterly terrifying one to me. i havent really heard an arguement for leaving yet that doesnt revolve around 'immigrants'

FB keeps suggesting Out groups to me, for some reason. popping my head into some of them, the Out camp appears so unhinged in them. everybody seems convinced the vote will be rigged towards in without any substantial evidence (my favourite discussion was over whether you could use a pen or a pencil to vote, as a penciled vote would definitely be rubbed out and replaced)

I'm still undecided on it, both sides keep flinging shit instead of coming up with coherent arguments. think I might just vote myself out of civilization and live out in a hut with Internet access somewhere.

I hope the UK votes to leave the EU. That might put an end to the utterly failed EU project.

the idea of leaving the conservatives utterly unrestrained by any higher level of law is an utterly terrifying one to me. i havent really heard an arguement for leaving yet that doesnt revolve around 'immigrants'

The quicker things go south, the quicker things might start to change for the better. On the whole, I'd say we're pretty fucked no matter what.

• 4 weeks later...

Gun people love to overlook the "well-regulated" part

That being said, I am (partially) sympathetic to their point

I wasn't...until I saw a clip of (annoying right-libertarian) Ben Shapiro talking to (fucking idiot) Piers Morgan and Shapiro said roughly "my grandparents and great-parents didn't fear government tyranny and that's why they're ashes."

After hearing that, I had a shift in perspective whereby I realized that there are currently tyrannical governments all over the world who regularly mow down civilians, and there's no magic law of the universe preventing America from drifting that way.

And depending on how you calculate it, governments appear to be the #1 cause of unnatural death on this planet.

But I really am torn on this stuff.

I sorta think it's a 'double bind' and there is no solution that doesn't also bring unacceptable costs.

Dunno.

(Am I making any sense?)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, at this point, "a well-armed populace" ain't got shit against fucking drones and ICBMs.

I keep saying this. the "defense against tyrannical government" argument is utterly redundant in the 21st century.

Yeah, at this point, "a well-armed populace" ain't got shit against fucking drones and ICBMs.

I keep saying this. the "defense against tyrannical government" argument is utterly redundant in the 21st century.

Not even just the 21st century really? I'd say from like, 1940s onwards? Government had high speed jets and helicopters and shit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

0266zXO.png

Just saw this in the comments of a video that popped up in my FB feed. The video is about pareidolia and how it relates to finding "patterns" where there are no patterns especially in the context of conspiracy theories.

Old people not knowing how simple internet things work makes me chuckle.

• 1 month later...

Someone shared this article today: https://www.gaia.com/article/5g-health-risks-the-war-between-technology-and-human-beings?fbclid=IwAR3tg4CZJZI9QUMW-WIe0_n7OpvfhwrSu1JLZcOR7LSfv_azkQoxUVnMtVQ

I hadn't read anything about 5G networks so I was curious. Two paragraphs in and I'm starting to question if this guy knows anything about science. Then this popped up and solidified my skepticism:

Spirulina, Wheat Grass, Vitamin C, and similar supplements are consumable forms of sunlight, which will always improve our health and raise our vibrations. Yoga, meditation, chanting, mantras and other forms of prayer can also be beneficial in protecting our life-energies.

• 1 month later...

You know when you're in traffic and some guy at the back starts honking? Well, it's some schmuck I went to high school with.

4HEvasF.png

Archived