IGNORED

Nicknames of people in your family

encey

Being from VA, I've got a couple of good ones.

Of course I have a second (?) cousin who goes by 'Duck.'

I also had an 'Uncle Jiggs' (although he was my grandma's brother, so I dunno what that's called ... 'great uncle'?).

And I have an 'Aunt Kitty,' who has an awesome collection of wacky sunglasses. She helped me decorate my first teal sweatshirt with a Super Mario / Nintendo Power iron-on with glitter fabric paint; it was the shit.

After a long search, I found it! It was this one:

!C!5nT9gCWk~$%28KGrHqV,!g0EzeElrFQ2BNFEY9ZCnQ~~_3.JPG

I lovingly recreated the 'POW!' energy burst behind Mario just like that basically. Purple & green mothafuckaaaaaaa

(Feel free to derail this thread into a 'Your '90s Nintendo shirts' gallery.)

One of my aunts is 'Giz' because that's what I called her as a baby.

My dad is 'Fly' because he had a Bob Ross, 360-degree Jewfro.

And I have a 100 year-old great aunt 'Dot' who is every bit the classy polka-dotted Sunday wear sophisticate you would expect. For 100, she looks fuckin' awesome.

I'll post again if I think of any more ...

Guest Franklin

I call my brother - "Bro" -- can't remember the last time I used his actual name.

I call my wife "cutie" or "beautiful" --can't think of the last time I used her actual name lol.

I call my grandfather "dick" cause his name is richard and because he's a dick.

we don't have many nicknames in my family...

my gran is "peg" from peggy, short for margaret.

i sometimes call my daughter "den" cos that's how she says her name, fern... and all sorts of other stupid pet names like "bunny" and "chickpea".

One of my cousins name is Bruce but all our lives we called him Brucito... We still call him that after all these years.

One of my aunts is Crise, but people call her Macha... feminine for Macho... Seeing pics of her in the 70s I see why... and no, I don't have any to show.

My mom's name is Rosillis... People called her Loli, I guess that's sort of a short way of saying her real name.

my sisters name is Elvira, but we've always called her El Bee Dee

My son Miles, we call him Cheekys obviously because of his cheeks.

My son Liam, he's been dubbed Amtrac by one of his cousins because of his infatuation with trains.

I remember when my dad picked us up to go see her at the hospital. The said her name is Elvira and I was like... Really?

Guest Frankie5fingers

craziest thing in my family is we call my dad oompapa (Frank) and my brother shoey (Joe).

why, i have no fucking idea. lol

lol i didn't think it was an actual name. there's definately not many elviras around.

does she like it now or totally hate your parents for it?

She's always hated it. People always sang that one song to here. She just goes by bee dee now.

We (and by we i mean the more imature members if my family) used to call my grandmother "the creep keeper" because she looked like a skeleton with strings of long hair coming out of her skull. We don't use that nickname anymore because she is dead, kind of insensitive.

A few more family nicknames:

Grandfather : the turtle

Uncle: Moscow (because he used to live there)

Mother: Latina (because she is into salsa dancing and Latin music)

Brother: Kintatata (I don't know why, I think it's because when we used to play Crash Bamdicoot on the PSX everytime Crash would put on that weird native American mask my brother would imitate the sound it made)

Archived