IGNORED

Your Top Albums (hipster pitchfork thing)

gmanyo

Nope, no Hella. I need to listen to more of them. I also really wanted to put Aesthethica by Liturgy on there, but hadn't listened to it enough. Death Grips is my #1 though; that has Zac Hill in it.

IMHO Hella went way downhill after the glory that was Hold Yer Horse Is

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to restrain my scorn but the more I read this list the harder it gets.

this is thoroughly boring even for a Pfork vote list. I mean, 3 Radiohead albums in the top 10? I love Radiohead, but come on...

just look at some of these stupid-ass picks. Mogwai's Young Team? I'm sick of hearing about Young Team being their best. it's only this revered because fokken noobs latched onto it and then moved on when the next post-rock band became it. their later, more developed stuff blows YT outta the water, especially Happy Songs and Mr Beast.

same fucking story with Stereolab and Emperor Tomato Ketchup. is that the only Stereolab album you ever listened to?

token hiphop picks like Kanye and Outkast, wow so cool. and omg you like RDJ album too, mad! that Aphex guy is nuts, hey?

and I fucking lol'd at the hover text blurb for #7 Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot :facepalm: fuck yourself

my coffee was cold this morning, or something.

Well, I know I graded on a number of different things decidedly different from "which SOUND the best".

1)Personal experience (I loved Young Team and it has a special place for me because it was my introduction into the "post-rock" stuff, as I would assume it was for many others my age)...did it have special meaning? Homework was a huge watershed album for me...one of the first albums that got me interested in electronic music as a whole.

2)Thematic consistency (what is the feel of the album, is there a theme? how well did this turn out? this is why I ranked Dead Cities and Vespertine as my top two...soundscapes incomparable in scope and execution to anything else of that decade).

Then I would say the third criteria is the talent/skill inherent in the listening experience. So relax, we aren't all bad people :)

PS. What Stereolab would you rank the highest? Personally for me my favorite songs of theirs are on Peng!, oddly enough.

For me Dots & Loops is far and away Stereolab's best, no doubt in part due to Mouse on Mars' involvement and influence at the time. IMHO It's just perfect in every way shape & form.

3 Modest Mouse albums on that list, 0 Mouse on Mars. Damn hipsters.

Anybody who really loves music, doesn't need to waste their fucking time with pathetic 'best of lists'

The whole concept of 'best album' etc etc is just fucking boring.

Like I seriously give a flying fuck?

Fuck off.

I tried to restrain my scorn but the more I read this list the harder it gets.

this is thoroughly boring even for a Pfork vote list. I mean, 3 Radiohead albums in the top 10? I love Radiohead, but come on...

just look at some of these stupid-ass picks. Mogwai's Young Team? I'm sick of hearing about Young Team being their best. it's only this revered because fokken noobs latched onto it and then moved on when the next post-rock band became it. their later, more developed stuff blows YT outta the water, especially Happy Songs and Mr Beast.

same fucking story with Stereolab and Emperor Tomato Ketchup. is that the only Stereolab album you ever listened to?

token hiphop picks like Kanye and Outkast, wow so cool. and omg you like RDJ album too, mad! that Aphex guy is nuts, hey?

and I fucking lol'd at the hover text blurb for #7 Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot :facepalm: fuck yourself

my coffee was cold this morning, or something.

Yeah fuck Kanye.

• 8 months later...

Archived