IGNORED

Your Top Albums (hipster pitchfork thing)

gmanyo

fila tracksuit "yes i am blind!"

olympics "henry kelly's garage conversion"

zeinab badawi "2,000,000 motels"

channel 4 "seriously now"

homo sapien "i am not a gay"

batman murders "LOL"

200% FUCKLORD "carnal suitcase"

straightboy "don't suck me off"

we were ghosts "2012 indie bullshit"

lilets "super flow"

tables "art of living"

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the potatoes "90s retro"

iiiiiddddddmmmmmm "infinite letdown"

calculations "mysterious title"

victor meltdown "i don't believe it"

2 pairs of trousers "methadone party"

bulimia "welcome to my wife"

boris hjohnson "inside my stomach"

church of grammar "its it's your you're"

dyslexia "sefl titlde"

semen frenzy "a life of grime"

mincey raper "transit van scenario"

maximum footwank "non sequential nylon"

various artists "industrial carpet clean off"

As a bonus, all the positive reviews pitchfork have since deleted from their archives (seriously, I swear they've removed reviews they'd be embarrassed about now) could be sprinkled throughout the list.

They gave Music Is Rotted One Note a 9.8, but that one is long gone now.

They gave Bricolgate a perfect 10.

http://peopleslist.p.../list/a0791e60/

i think my top ten are solid, the rest needs pruning and adding.

You had a bunch of albums that I'd probably put on my list if I knew them better (Neutral Milk Hotel, Stereolab, Mountain Goats, etc).

As a bonus, all the positive reviews pitchfork have since deleted from their archives (seriously, I swear they've removed reviews they'd be embarrassed about now) could be sprinkled throughout the list.

they removed all reviews prior to 00s because they did not fit new standards and were mostly few sentences long. they talked about it during all the anniversary features that other time. at least that's what they said. i think it's more to do with copyrights of the texts as in the early days it was all guerilla, but later old writers started really hating pitchfork (like brent discrescenzo) so they gave up and just deleted all the old archives to avoid further clashes with old writers. that's my theory at least.

but it's stupid. old reviews were way better. short or not. now it's just 100000 words of analyzis that noone in their right mind finds interesting to read. great features, though.

they removed all reviews prior to 00s because they did not fit new standards and were mostly few sentences long. they talked about it during all the anniversary features that other time. at least that's what they said. i think it's more to do with copyrights of the texts as in the early days it was all guerilla, but later old writers started really hating pitchfork (like brent discrescenzo) so they gave up and just deleted all the old archives to avoid further clashes with old writers. that's my theory at least.

but it's stupid. old reviews were way better. short or not. now it's just 100000 words of analyzis that noone in their right mind finds interesting to read. great features, though.

Oh ok, thanks for the info, that explains a lot. I just thought it was funny that I can't find their 7-8.0+ reviews of big beat groups like Monkey Mafia and Bentley Rhythm Ace. Schreiber reviewed RDJ album and Homegenic, guess those are gone too. Oh well, my two favorite reviews are still online, so it's all good.

http://peopleslist.p.../list/a0791e60/

i think my top ten are solid, the rest needs pruning and adding.

You had a bunch of albums that I'd probably put on my list if I knew them better (Neutral Milk Hotel, Stereolab, Mountain Goats, etc).

Same here. I helped some peers put together a best of 00s list for a blog and it involved a lot of thumbs up to albums I barely new. It was kind of cool though, everyone ended up sharing a lot of music.

also disparaissant, you've officially pushed me to listen to The Glow, Pt. 2 The Microphones today

This feature has also reminded me that there was a time when Annie and Lily Allen were once hyped and seemingly popular and that electroclash was a "thing." Also, remember when they had a free download section on the bottom of their menu that was essentially promotional space they didn't endorse?

Last day to enter.

Finished mine, narrowed down only to personal favorite albums I've listened to over and over again, including embarrassing stuff (it did start with 1996 after all) i.e. nothing I think "deserved" to be on the list even if I wasn't a huge fan.

Last day to enter.

Finished mine, narrowed down only to personal favorite albums I've listened to over and over again, including embarrassing stuff (it did start with 1996 after all) i.e. nothing I think "deserved" to be on the list even if I wasn't a huge fan.

Your top 10 is nice.

Last day to enter.

Nice list. I have many of the same choices, still working on mine though... this is the first time I've ever compiled a major top list, and I'm obsessed with getting it as accurate as possible which means listening back to a ridiculous amount of great music with critical ears. It's been a good inspiring week.

Last day to enter.

Nice list. I have many of the same choices, still working on mine though... this is the first time I've ever compiled a major top list, and I'm obsessed with getting it as accurate as possible which means listening back to a ridiculous amount of great music with critical ears. It's been a good inspiring week.

Thanks, thought about shuffling a couple again but nah...my top 5 wouldn't change anyway. I've discussed top 10 for recent years and once for the 00s for a friend's blog - it was strange completely doing it for my personal tastes only. I picked as many as I thought of, saw on pforks selection, and my own past lists and had like 150 or so. I cut multiple albums, with few exceptions as well as anything I didn't listen to track-to-track multiple times. Narrowing it down on the last 20 or so was quite hard. The fact that 96-99 was included was also strange - had to look up what made that cut-off.

They don't count it if you have more than 100. I guess you might not care, though.

Ah, I just figured they'd count the top 100, thanks for the heads up - I trimmed it too 100.

Guest Shit Attack

chinchilla grid - "quit fucking with my sideboards, dude"

ted danson and the personality - "the ten commandments of devito"

cut price surf explosion - "toxic thursday forever (10th anniversary edition)"

randy bumgardener featuring aswad - " its all about the benjamins, baby "

fired up flintstone - " sue barker has gone absolutely donkey in the pigsty"

third of july - " goatshit ,cheeseshit, carcass shit "

blister blaster - " four cunts up a tree "

the omnipotent bridal shower - " colnel gadafi is a cold, dead bitch"

still in transit - "on my way"

the Mathew kelly beard trimmings revue + after dinner theatre - " you bet ! "

post-elemental combustion confusion - " pearl harbour kicked 9/11's butt "