IGNORED

Foals - Holy Fire

jules

Will listen. I like their first better than their second so I'm not setting my expectations too high.

I would rate their second as one of the best albums of the last decade...

‘Holy Fire’ will land on British shores on Feb 11th 2013.

You’ll be able to pre-order a copy of the album (case you forget) on iTunes from Nov 5th, upon which time you’ll get ‘Inhaler’ straight away.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

yup going to avoid listening i think

a single is an advert for an album basically and I'm already sold on this one

Without knowing much (or anything) about this band I thought this band were usual NME fodder? Boring mainstream indie wank? In otherwords a bit like Coldplay lol.

Am I wrong?

Without knowing much (or anything) about this band I thought this band were usual NME fodder? Boring mainstream indie wank? In otherwords a bit like Coldplay lol.

Am I wrong?

totally wrong. i thought the same thing. i used to buy nme (mostly for the crossword) but even when i lost interest in most of the bands they still covered a few decent ones. foals resurrected my interest in guitar music and song

Am I wrong?

totally wrong. i thought the same thing. i used to buy nme (mostly for the crossword) but even when i lost interest in most of the bands they still covered a few decent ones. foals resurrected my interest in guitar music and song

^Seconded.

• 1 month later...

how do you embed vids now?

Lol, I like one of the top comments on the page: "They finally became Talking Heads".

I can hear it, and that's not a bad thing. Song sounds upbeat, I like the general direction after a quick scrub through.

• 1 month later...

Is there 2 threads for this?

guess not. anyway after avoiding anything off the new album I finally heard inhaler and took an instance dislike. 3rd listen is no better. shouty and the groove is like a weak foals cover band. shame. i hate you mcgriff

gonna listen to cassius to feel better

surprised this hasn't leaked yet either. only 5 more days, but still.

a friend heard it on kexp radio he he didnt have many nice things to say about it, which shocks me because the 2 tracks i heard sounded cool to me.

Well done Jules for ressurecting this thread, its something I have been meaning to do myself because I've heard 2 tracks off this new album as well (probably the same 2 tracks as you) and they are stunning.

If the album is as good as those two, then I predict it will be massive. And Foals will become household names.

Archived