IGNORED

Foals - Holy Fire

jules

they streamed this from their site today and I was loving it. definitely some downer tracks but the stuff that caught my ear was definitely next level atmospheric stuff for them. can't wait to intersperse this with the new ae and atoms for peace. fuckin a.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

warming to the album. not sure if the album gets better towards the end or I am warming to the album as it goes along but i have the last few tracks starred and nothing else (spotify listener).

Played this yesterday, not bad though I got an "alternative rock" vibe from a couple of tracks early on. I liked the harder edge on some tracks, and overall it seemed to be at least on par with Total Life Forever or whatever it's called. I was always more a fan of Antidote. I really didn't care for the last two tracks - too slow and unnecessary to have two such tracks in a row. One would have sufficed as a closer.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this a few days ago. I like it! It was incredibly surprising to hear them bust out that huge riff in Inhaler, but a bit disappointing that they didn't repeat that intensity later in the album. It's still pretty excellent though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived