jules

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Con Ed plant explosion

[youtubehd]ZAqYZ433TeQ[/youtubehd]

starts at 17 seconds

any additional news concerning this?

No. Nobody will have more info on it at least until tomorrow. It may take as long as 5 days to get a complete report.

If you want the best info on this, follow it on WNYC (http://www.wnyc.org/) or on twitter.

No one in their right mind is on the streets right now.

troon,

dont fucking turn this threat into a bloviated faux bleeding heart bullshit rant. seriously. keep that shit out, and we are cool.

:cisfor:

how can something so deadly be so beautiful?

:facepalm:

A nice lens, numbnut.

04-hurricane-STS066-150-090_905.jpg

holy fuck.

Is it me, or does it look like that is a spliff in the foreground?

also

Nine ways to make your cell phone last the whole storm even if the power goes out...

http://qz.com/21032/nine-ways-to-make-your-cell-phone-last-the-whole-storm-even-if-the-power-goes-out/

If the Subway system is compromised and 4.3 million people depend on it everyday... this seems like its gonna cause some kind of economic blockage. With the election so close I can't figure out how this will effect the polls either.

If the Subway system is compromised and 4.3 million people depend on it everyday... this seems like its gonna cause some kind of economic blockage. With the election so close I can't figure out how this will effect the polls either.

Well, didn't Romney say he wanted to get rid of Fema?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/politics-of-fema-mitt-romney-suggested-less-federal-involvement-paul-ryan-budget-scrutinized/

Guest Franklin

haha.

starting to feel some of that retribution here in niagara. had a gust pick me up and throw me a couple feet as I was running to my car in the rain/wind storm.

power on for me still thankfully. wind is getting intense. hoping to get some picks of waves on lake ontario early tomorrow over the skyway bridge.

It's funny how fucking outmoded the reportage on CNN et al is at the moment; still just talking heads in raincoats subjectively describing rain and wind and their immediate surroundings and not really any attempt to bring in images and reports from the broader internet

It's funny how fucking outmoded the reportage on CNN et al is at the moment; still just talking heads in raincoats subjectively describing rain and wind and their immediate surroundings and not really any attempt to bring in images and reports from the broader internet

why ive been staying here most of the day :)

Archived