IGNORED

William Basinski + Richard Chartier - Aurora Liminalis / untitled4

mcbpete

Really enjoyed their previous work together with the untitled 1-3 album so it'll be nice to see what they come up with for this one. Here's a snippet from it though obviously for this kind of music a short snippet probably doesn't do justice to the long form nature of the piece

[sc5]43935014[/sc5]

Sounds a bit like an up-pitch shifted Thomas Koner

Yeah Untitled 1-3 is great. Picked that up earlier this year. Glad they expanded it from the Spekk edition. Looking forward to this one. Sounds like a winner, judging from the sample.

• 2 months later...

Wow, listening to this I would never have guessed that Basinski was involved. Richard Chartier is seemingly pulling him in new directions... I can hear echoes of 'Thursday Afternoon' in this sample, but much colder. The Thomas Köner comparison is definitely apt.

If you enjoyed those previews you should check out the much underrated (as in I've never seen it mentioned anywhere other than on the Boomkat site) album/ep by Yann Novak: http://boomkat.com/downloads/337285-yann-novak-relocation-reconstruction

It's like the sound of slowly drifting through space starting from an area of complete emptiness into some beautiful galaxy and out again (or something equally pretentious that's entered my head this early this morning)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived