IGNORED

WATMM Christmas Album, 2012

Root5

I made a probe for interest in the main forum, and there is interest, so lets make another Christmas album!

For reference, the previous album can be found here: http://cytoplantasti...-christmas-2011

I'm starting this later than I did last year, and I'm going to hold a tighter deadline than last year as well. The tighter deadline is so that we can listen to the tracks during this year's Christmas season, and also because I'm travelling in mid December. So we'll have to make our tracks fast, and we may not get as many as last year. But I'm not too worried about it, because if there aren't too many tracks we can just think of this as an EP or an add-on to last year's excellent album.

The submission deadline has passed

Please send send the tracks to cytoplantastic [at] gmail [dot] com or by PM. Please send wavs, aifs, or flacs. Also, please don't try to master it or add master compression, unless it is important for the sound of the track.

In the Christmas spirit, all submissions will be published. This is not a competition. This is how I ran it last year, and the overall quality of the tracks was outstanding.

Style guidelines: The idea here is redo a Christmas song or Christmas carol in an electronic genre. For example, you may want to do an acid version of Frosty the Snowman, or a breakcore version of Silent Night.

You are also welcome to write an original composition that has something to do with Christmas, although this is not the focus of the album.

Naming guidelines: I'd like to encourage everyone to name their track in one of two ways. The first way is to take the name of the song and add a bracketed extension at the end. An example from last year would be: "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas (Vocaloid Mix)"

The second way is to make a pun out of the original title. An example from last year would be "Silent Nyeet"

Mastering: Zephyr's mastering the tracks. To make life easier, please do not pre-master your track/s

If you have an idea for a track, post it in here so everyone else knows what you're doing. That way we can manage a good distribution of Christmas songs/carols. Duplicate versions aren't the end of the world (for example, last year we had two versions of the Sleigh Ride), but it's a good idea to avoid them if at all possible. I would like to do a version of Rudolf the Rednosed Reindeer.

Okay watmm, LET'S GET FESTIVE!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds lovely - will definitely take a stab at this...possibly a Jungle take on a Christmas classic

(just listening to bits from last year - fair play lads, sounded great)

Awesome. Glad for the initial enthusiasm.

Remember, get started on this one now, because you have less than a month.

In other news, Zephyr's kindly volunteered his services again for mastering.

Archived