IGNORED

IDF have told The Times they expect to invade Gaza this weekend.

syd syside

Arabic's quite close to Hebrew, what is being said is fairly consistent and calling for the death of Jews cannot really be taken out of context.

i think memri is just making stuff up, not quoting out of context.

wikipedia

"In 2007, CNN correspondent Atika Shubert and Arabic translators accused MEMRI of mistranslating portions of a Palestinian children's television programme.

"Media watchdog MEMRI translates one caller as saying - quote - 'We will annihilate the Jews,"' said Shubert. "But, according to several Arabic speakers used by CNN, the caller actually says 'The Jews are killing us."'

"

memri's bias is obvious, but i have seldom seen it being called out for shitty translations. every headline in compson's posts makes perfect sense if you're aware of hamas' charter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas_charter

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arabic's quite close to Hebrew, what is being said is fairly consistent and calling for the death of Jews cannot really be taken out of context.

wikipedia

"In 2007, CNN correspondent Atika Shubert and Arabic translators accused MEMRI of mistranslating portions of a Palestinian children's television programme.

"Media watchdog MEMRI translates one caller as saying - quote - 'We will annihilate the Jews,"' said Shubert. "But, according to several Arabic speakers used by CNN, the caller actually says 'The Jews are killing us."'

"

I wouldn't trust CNN

wikipedia

"

I wouldn't trust CNN

but you would trust MEMRI?

i was kinda bummed that this video i posted a few days ago in the youtube thread was ignored, maybe here in this thread, in the right context, it'll receive the appreciation it deserves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kAyqbKwd1o

a little explanation would be nice, i don't speak hebrew

The goal of the operation is to send Gaza back to the Middle Ages," Israeli Interior Minister Eli Yishai, a member of the ultra-orthodox Shas party, said, according to the leading Israeli daily Haaretz. "Only then will Israel be calm for 40 years."

Read more: http://www.digitaljo...2#ixzz2CcnTwsbC

sounds like the same type of bat-shit crazy shit we said about the Vietnamese

"Bomb them back to the stone age." -- U.S. General Curtis LeMay

I guess 'stone age' is a little more harsh than 'middle ages' but maybe this interior minister was referring to the race specific biopweapons Israel was toying with a decade ago (which were shit canned because unlike the race specific bioweapons developed in South Africa, there is far less a genetic difference between Israeli jews and palestinian arabs), to release some kind of plague, lol

pretty sure those a terrorist ufos bro

they look pretty lush to me

wikipedia

"

I wouldn't trust CNN

but you would trust MEMRI?

No, generally best to look at a collective of sources and was just pointing out how criticizing MEMRI with a source like CNN or wikipedia isn't enough evidence to discount something.

I guess i have to side with Israel just in general especially when the IDF is lead by a psychic prophet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hhiJanLm7g

on the morning of 9/11 he, using his incredible psychic abilities predicted everything that the US would do in the wake of 911. It's always best to side with the person who uses super natural powers

The goal of the operation is to send Gaza back to the Middle Ages," Israeli Interior Minister Eli Yishai, a member of the ultra-orthodox Shas party, said, according to the leading Israeli daily Haaretz. "Only then will Israel be calm for 40 years."

Read more: http://www.digitaljo...2#ixzz2CcnTwsbC

sounds like the same type of bat-shit crazy shit we said about the Vietnamese

"Bomb them back to the stone age." -- U.S. General Curtis LeMay

I guess 'stone age' is a little more harsh than 'middle ages' but maybe this interior minister was referring to the race specific biopweapons Israel was toying with a decade ago (which were shit canned because unlike the race specific bioweapons developed in South Africa, there is far less a genetic difference between Israeli jews and palestinian arabs), to release some kind of plague, lol

pretty sure those a terrorist ufos bro

they look pretty lush to me

Quote taken out of context. This minister is referring to Hamas's military ability. They did not have rockets in the middle ages.

“We must blow Gaza back to the Middle Ages, destroying all the infrastructure including roads and water.”

Yes he's a scumbag, but he wasn't talking about massacre, unlike Hamas.

Ahmedinejad:

The Zionist regime and the Zionists are a cancerous tumour,” he said.

“The nations of the region will soon finish off the usurper Zionists in the Palestinian land…. A new Middle East will definitely be formed. With the grace of God and help of the nations, in the new Middle East there will be no trace of the Americans and Zionists,”

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/article.php?p=137907

And another note:

Gaza's electricity, water etc has been provided by Israel for years and if they wanted to shut it off, they would have done so a long time ago.

Isn't it the point that the people in Gaza need to be self-sustainable instead of being spoon-fed by Israel?

Israeli minister vows Palestinian 'holocaust'

A senior Israeli politician provoked controversy today when he warned that Palestinians firing rockets from Gaza would be punished with a "bigger holocaust" from Israeli armed forces.

The use of the Hebrew word for holocaust, "shoah", tends to be used exclusively in Israel to describe the Nazi persecution of Jews.

http://www.telegraph...-holocaust.html

:cerious:

Full quote paints a slightly different picture.

"The more qassam fire intensifies and the rockets reach a longer range, they (the Palestinians) will bring upon themselves a bigger shoah because we will use all our might to defend ourselves," he said.

So far, six of 28 Palestinians killed in Israel's offensive this week have been children, ranging in age from just under 1 to 14 years, according to Gaza health officials. Most were killed by shrapnel while in or near their homes. In Israel, 12 children were hurt in rocket attacks this week.

Gaza kids at risk in crowded urban battle zone

Originally Posted by Telegraph:

Mahmoud Sadallah, the 4-year-old Gaza boy whose death moved Egypt's prime minister to tears, was from the town of Jebaliya, close to Gaza City. The boy died Friday in hotly disputed circumstances.

The boy's aunt, Hanan Sadallah, and his grief-stricken father Iyad _ weak from crying and leaning on others to walk _ said Mahmoud was killed in an Israeli airstrike. Hamas security officials also made that claim.

Israel vehemently denied involvement, saying it had not carried out any attacks in the area at the time. Gaza's two leading human rights groups, which routinely investigate civilian deaths, withheld judgment, saying they were unable to reach the area because of continued danger.

Mahmoud's family said the boy was in an alley close to his home when he was killed, along with a man of about 20, but no one appeared to have witnessed the strike. The area showed signs that a projectile might have exploded there, with shrapnel marks in the walls of surrounding homes and a shattered kitchen window. But neighbors said local security officials quickly took what remained of the projectile, making it impossible to verify who fired it.

Israeli minister vows Palestinian 'holocaust'

A senior Israeli politician provoked controversy today when he warned that Palestinians firing rockets from Gaza would be punished with a "bigger holocaust" from Israeli armed forces.

The use of the Hebrew word for holocaust, "shoah", tends to be used exclusively in Israel to describe the Nazi persecution of Jews.

http://www.telegraph...-holocaust.html

:cerious:

classy

Archived