IGNORED

Solipsis - Twilight Horizon

Zephyr_Nova

I released this album over a year ago, but up until now I was just selling it at my band's shows. Here it is finally for the internet to consume: http://solipsisband.bandcamp.com/album/twilight-horizon

When I recorded it I didn't have a band, so it's just me tackling all the instruments with the exception of drums on a few songs, played by my friend Jud MacKay.

I'm a bit apprehensive about promoting it at this point simply because it's not the album I would make now, but for what it is I think it's pretty solid. I still really like a few of the songs/recordings, particularly Twilight Horizon, Along the Way, Follow Forever, and Under a Frozen Sun.

Guest facades

I just can't believe it!

I haven't even finished to listen to Chtulu Detonator yet (at home, my wife theatened me with divorce and my daughter just sat down and cry before the end of the first track, and it's not really easy to appreciate it in the metro), and then you go indie pop !

So what's next ? drone ambient? kompakt-style techno ? you play the tuba in a New Orleans Jazz ensemble? you're releasing an album of vietnamese traditionnals on kazoo ?

By the way, I really like the 3 tracks I've heard so far and just bought it.

Ack, sorry to hear about the near divorce/daughter trauma --I guess Infernal Machines is just that kind of an album! :mellow:

Thanks again for the support. You are the first purchaser of the Twilight Horizon digital album! I hope it hits the spot.

As for what's next... well I would love to play tuba in a New Orleans Jazz ensemble now that you mention it, and being in a jazz band would add to my watmm cred for sure. Let's go with that!

Guest facades

I really like this Solipsis stuff. As a whole, I sometimes find the album a bit long (I'm very old school, a pop album is supposed to be 10 tracks and clock under 45 minutes :wink:), but there are several really beautiful songs, and it really works for me.

Congratulations once again, I'm really looking forward your New Orleans jazz project!

Glad you've been enjoying it! Though I swear it clocks in at right around 40 minutes. It was a tough tracklisting to get right, and after scrapping a few decent songs I wound up writing a couple others to tie what was left together and make it all work. I'm hoping to be a bit less perfectionistic with the next one and let some of the rough edges show through more.

Archived