IGNORED

Top 3 fave video Game tracks

Guest Pennywise

Super Metroid

I like the other Castlevania SOTN track that was already posted better but this is great too

Megaman 2 ending theme

Koji Kondo is an amazingly versatile composer... on top of the iconic main themes and leitmotifs he's composed there are some ambient gems lurking in the Zelda games...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E9QOccWNu4

Super Metroid

One of my favorites as well!

holy hell! Nostalgia bomb has been dropped,

Playing this game on the family pc with a sidewinder joystick.. so good

Yeah ours came with a bunch of other games (Monster Truck Madness, Earthworm Jim 2, Thinkin' Things, etc) with a Micron PC we had - I actually had no idea our Mechwarrior 2 copy only had a small booklet and not the full manual, making the plot and overall controls more cryptic. I actually beat both campaigns over time though.

My love for that game is deep - like other random games and tv shows, etc. that soundtrack in retrospective was a huge reason I love electronic music. That track in particular was the one that would play automatically after you paused the game. It's surreal how much I feel like I played it yesterday with all the youtube videos you can watch now. I loved the minimal look of the graphics, especially the version we had running on our PC - later ones just didn't seem as unique in that regard.

Good call on Super Metroid. In fact, I'll post another one from that game for starters:
[youtubehd]Hx4Gsp5rcwM[/youtubehd]

Slightly older..
[youtubehd]zqZE4ERq4EY[/youtubehd]

...and finally, something much more recent
[youtubehd]c5PzaJELAJI[/youtubehd]

Guest Frankie5fingers

i loved the series, though the last time i watched it i was like 6 or 7. so my view might be skewed. though i do remember liking the show more than any derivative stuff of it.

Archived