IGNORED

Feminism is nonsense

zlemflolia

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what the fuck is up with this forum lately

Seriously... all this socio/political bickering and argument stirring is annoying. I strongly suggest we create a Political/Social Issues subforum to move all the recent debates into thier and keeo general banter friendly and fun again.

Please.

Bitch until I can rape yo' ass until it bleeds and yo' be howling like some pussy ass then I gots equal right, yal hear me?

Don't tell me that's what you think when thinking about Marks and Spencer. Yo.

And poor black people just choose to work at McDonalds because it's so close to where they live, right?

Also, someone has to push babby out of pus pus, and that takes recovery time, a stitched-up perineum and lots of tit-pumpin' in the corner. See how well a male CEO keeps his job if he has to go jack off and feed it to his kid every two hours!

Like I said before that means personal choices stop women from being a CEO

Nobody's forcing them to have a baby.

lol Encey, what a vivid imagination you have

Good troll, would read again.

Why do you think I am a troll

What of what I have said is untrue? And please provide sources for your contradicting evidence.

Go listen to Rush Limbaugh and eat a pube sandwich

It's a nicely provocative article you've cited there. But I have to say, the fact that your paraphrase of the article's thesis is "there is no wage gap" has me seriously concerned that either (a) you have poor reading comprehension or (b) you are a troll.

Also, how do you explain the ethnicity wage gap?

And finally, I think your suggestion that feminism is just about women, is incorrect.

Seriously... all this socio/political bickering and argument stirring is annoying. I strongly suggest we create a Political/Social Issues subforum to move all the recent debates into thier and keeo general banter friendly and fun again.
Please.

Bitch until I can rape yo' ass until it bleeds and yo' be howling like some pussy ass then I gots equal right, yal hear me?

Don't tell me that's what you think when thinking about Marks and Spencer. Yo.

Ive just come up with the idea to start an extreme feminist group that goes round shoving wooden chair legs up men's assholes until the bleed and then give them a shot of oestrogen (just so they know how it would really truly feel).

Good troll, would read again.

Why do you think I am a troll

What of what I have said is untrue? And please provide sources for your contradicting evidence.

Woman are constantly having to deal with sexist bullshit, this morning this happened:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22083547

At the current rate it of progress, it will be 2065 before woman achieve equal pay Bellamy and rake (2005)

http://careers.guardian.co.uk/careers-blog/graduate-gender-pay-gap-university-subject

here's to name a few, but if you really think that feminism is simply about unequal pay than you really are a dumbass, did you know:

"Domestic violence is a gender-based crime with women being more likely to experience domestic violence than men. According to the National Violence Against Women Survey (NVAWS) about 1.5 million women are raped and/or physically assaulted by an intimate partner annually( Tjaden & Thoennes, 2000). According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics Crime Data Brief, which measured only physical assaults, "there were 691,710 nonfatal violent victimizations committed by current or former spouses, boyfriends, or girlfriends of the victims during 2001(Rennison, 2003). Of these, 85% were against women(Rennison, 2003). The NVAWS also found that 22.1 percent of women surveyed, compared to 7.4 percent of men, reported being physically assaulted by a current or former partner in their lifetime(Rennison, 2003 )."

This is the tip of the ice burg, the thing is feminism isn't about woman wanting MORE rights, we want equality for everyone.

*checks Zeffolia's scores in the Autism Spectrum thread*

lol

and seriously fuck you zeff.

I am so sick of hearing white males bitch about having it worse off than everyone else. why don't you get out of your little self-isolated mental masturbation thought bubble and learn something about the real world.

quit telling people to combat your bullshit; you can find tons of "evidence" to back up any harebrained argument, so what's the point if you're just going to continue to justify your attitude with baseless statistics and lengthy papers you know no one is going to read?

you need to straighten your attitude out about women, son.

To be fair though, it wouldn't hurt to tell him why he's incorrect. I think I know where you're coming from, but I'm not sure about Zeffolia tbh.

*tries to be awkwardly constructive*

@ency

Not to white knight but the idea that there is no need for feminism in 2013 is some goofy shit.

I don't even know where to begin. Look at all the fields that are male-dominated.

Ive just come up with the idea to start an extreme feminist group that goes round shoving wooden chair legs up men's assholes until the bleed and then give them a shot of oestrogen (just so they know how it would really truly feel).

>.<

How's Mike doing lately? Can he still walk? Or is he lucky you don't have wooden chairs in your house?

This.

Word. We don't need an electronic music forum to turn into Reddit or a bunch of bickering YouTube comments. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy civilized discussion and debate regarding current issues in moderate amounts, but when done in excess it just makes everybody grumpy.

I'm a proud IDM fan since 1997, and that's why I joined WATMM in the first place.

>.<

How's Mike doing lately? Can he still walk? Or is he lucky you don't have wooden chairs in your house?

He came up with the idea of the wooden leg, I suggested a dildo *swoons over lovingly understanding husband*

Domestic violence is gender neutral

The sources you're citing are bull, Rixx.

The articles I posted addressed your claims

Gender wage gap is caused by career choices.

Domestic violence is NOT one sided and the statistics only show that because of biased surveys and basing things off hospital records.

What self respecting man goes into the hospital and asks for help because his woman beats him? None and they are laughed out and not given help.

Matriarchy.

Domestic violence against men

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Violence against men)

40px-Edit-clear.svg.png

This article should be divided into sections by topic, to make it more accessible. Please help by adding section headings in accordance with Wikipedia's Manual of Style. (April 2013)

50px-Translation_to_english_arrow.svg.pn

This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Spanish Wikipedia. (January 2012)

Click [show] on the right to read important instructions before translating.%5Bshow%5D

Part of a series on Violence

against men

IssuesMassacresOther

220px-Kalighat_Painting_Calcutta_19th_Ce

magnify-clip.png

Kalighat painting, "Woman Striking Man With Broom," Calcutta, India, 1875

Domestic violence against men refers to abuse against men or boys in an intimate relationship such as marriage, cohabitation, dating, or within the family.

[edit]Prevalence

Determining how many instances of domestic violence actually involve male victims is difficult. Male domestic violence victims may be reluctant to get help for a number of reasons.%5B1%5D Some studies have shown that women who assaulted their male partners were more likely to avoid arrest even when the male victim contacts police.%5B2%5D Another study examined the differences in how male and female batterers were treated by the criminal justice system. The study concluded that female intimate violence perpetrators are frequently viewed by law enforcement and the criminal justice system as victims rather than the actual offenders of violence against men.%5B3%5D Other studies have also demonstrated a high degree of acceptance of aggression against men by women.%5B4%5D

Studies have shown many police officers do not treat domestic violence against men as a serious crime, and often will view the male victim as a "pathetic figure". It is for this reason, and also the view among many law enforcement officers that men are inherently "stronger" than women, that male victims are often less likely to report domestic violence than female victims. When and if they do, men are often treated as the aggressor in the situation, and often even placed under arrest.%5B5%5D

A 1997 report says significantly more men than women do not disclose the identity of their attacker.%5B6%5D A 2009 study showed that there was greater acceptance for abuse perpetrated by females than by males.%5B7%5D Several studies have confirmed that women’s physical violence towards intimate male partners is sometimes in self-defense.%5B8%5D%5B9%5D%5B10%5D%5B11%5D In a recent study of the judicial attributions of sentences for battered women convicted of killing their male partners, researchers found that judges often minimized previous partner violence, describing discrete episodes of violence, rather than as ongoing patterns of serious domestic abuse.%5B12%5D

[edit]Reciprocal Violence

Findings that women are as violent as men have been termed "gender symmetry".%5B1%5D%5B13%5D%5B14%5D%5B15%5D%5B16%5D%5B17%5D

A 32-nation study of university students "revealed an overwhelming body of evidence that bidirectional violence is the predominant pattern of perpetration; and this study, along with evidence from many other studies (Medeiros & Straus, 2007), indicates that the etiology of PV is mostly parallel for men and women."%5B18%5D

Straus and Gelles found that in couples reporting spousal violence, 27% of the time the man struck the first blow; in 24% of cases, the woman initiated the violence. The rest of the time, the violence was mutual, with both partners brawling. The results were the same even when the most severe episodes of violence were analyzed. In order to counteract claims that the reporting data was skewed, female-only surveys were conducted, asking females to self-report, and the data was the same.%5B19%5D The simple tally of physical acts is typically found to be similar in those studies that examine both directions, but some studies show that male violence may be more serious. Male violence may do more damage than female violence;%5B20%5D women are more likely to be injured and/or hospitalized. Wives are more likely to be killed by their husbands than the reverse (59% to 41% per Department of Justice study), and women in general are more likely to be killed by their spouses than by all other types of assailants combined.%5B21%5D From a data set of 6,200 cases of spousal abuse in the Detroit area of USA in 1978-79 found that men used weapons 25% of the time while female assailants used weapons 86% of the time, 74% of men sustained injury and of these 84% required medical care.%5B22%5D

In the United Kingdom, an article in The Guardian reported that statistical bulletins from the Home Office and the British Crime Survey found that men made up approximately 40% of domestic violence victims each year between 2004-05 and 2008-09.%5B23%5D

Martin S. Fiebert of the Department of Psychology at California State University, Long Beach, has compiled an annotated bibliography of research relating to spousal abuse by women on men. This bibliography examines 275 scholarly investigations: 214 empirical studies and 61 reviews and/or analyses that appear to demonstrate that women are as physically aggressive, or more aggressive, than men in their relationships with their spouses or male partners. The aggregate sample size in the reviewed studies exceeds 365,000.%5B24%5D In a Los Angeles Times article about male victims of domestic violence, Fiebert suggests that "...consensus in the field is that women are as likely as men to strike their partner but that—as expected—women are more likely to be injured than men."%5B25%5D However, he noted, men are seriously injured in 38% of the cases in which "extreme aggression" is used. Fiebert additionally noted that his work was not meant to minimize the serious effects of men who abuse women.

In a 2002 review of the research however Michael Kimmel found that violence is instrumental in maintaining control and that more than 90% of "systematic, persistent, and injurious" violence is perpetrated by men. He points out that most of the empirical studies that Fiebert reviewed used the same empirical measure of family conflict, i.e., the Conflict Tactics Scale (CTS) as the sole measure of domestic violence and that many of the studies noted by Fiebert discussed samples composed entirely of single people younger than 30, not married couples.%5B26%5D Kimmel argues that among various other flaws, the CTS is particularly vulnerable to reporting bias because it depends on asking people to accurately remember and report what happened during the past year. Men tend to underestimate their use of violence, while women tend to overestimate their use of violence. Simultaneously men tend to overestimate their partner's use of violence while women tend to underestimate their partner's use of violence. Thus, men will likely overestimate their victimization, while women tend to underestimate theirs.%5B27%5D

Similarly, the National Institute of Justice states that some studies finding equal or greater frequency of abuse by women against men are based on data compiled through theConflict Tactics Scale. This survey tool was developed in the 1970s and may not be appropriate for intimate partner violence research because it does not measure control, coercion, or the motives for conflict tactics; it also leaves out sexual assault and violence by ex-spouses or partners and does not determine who initiated the violence. Furthermore, the NIJ contends that national surveys supported by NIJ, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Bureau of Justice Statistics that examine more serious assaults do not support the conclusion of similar rates of male and female spousal assaults. These surveys are conducted within a safety or crime context and clearly find more partner abuse by men against women.%5B28%5D However more modern Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other research reports that female perpetrated domestic abuse is more common than male %5B29%5D%5B30%5D

In a Meta-analysis, John Archer, Ph. D., from the Department of Psychology, University of Central Lancashire, UK, writes:

The present analyses indicate that men are among those who are likely to be on the receiving end of acts of physical aggression.%5B1%5D The extent to which this involves mutual combat or the male equivalent to "battered women" is at present unresolved. Both situations are causes for concern. Straus (1997) has warned of the dangers involved—especially for women—when physical aggression becomes a routine response to relationship conflict. "Battered men"—those subjected to systematic and prolonged violence—are likely to suffer physical and psychological consequences, together with specific problems associated with a lack of recognition of their plight (George and George, 1998). Seeking to address these problems need not detract from continuing to address the problem of "battered women."%5B31%5D

[edit]Causes

Gender roles and expectations can and do play a role in abusive situations, and exploring these roles and expectations can be helpful in addressing abusive situations. Likewise, it can be helpful to explore factors such as race, class, religion, sexuality and philosophy. However, studies investigating whether sexist attitudes are correlated with domestic violence have shown conflicting results.%5B32%5D%5B33%5D

Some researchers have found a relationship between the availability of domestic violence services, improved laws and enforcement regarding domestic violence, increased access to divorce, and higher earnings for women with declines in intimate partner homicide by women.%5B34%5D

In Norway, researcher Anja Bredal's opinion is that non-Norwegian men are being assaulted by their wives who are of the same ethnicity—who are Norwegian citizens.%5B35%5D

[edit]Responses

Erin Pizzey who opened one of the first women’s refuges in 1971, has said that almost as many men as women are victims of domestic violence and found that over half (62%)%5B36%5Dof the women she admitted were as violent as their partners. She also stated that men were in need of a different kind of help than is currently available to them.

[edit]See also

[edit]References [edit]Bibliography [edit]External links

Misandry

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Part of a series on

Discrimination

General forms[show]

Specific forms

Social[show]

Manifestations[show]

Policies[show]

Other forms[show]