IGNORED

Squarepusher Brand New Set ! (Half Old, Half New Material!)

Guest teetime

Guest teetime

In the build up to his appearance at THE PLAYGROUND FESTIVAL, Tom Jenkinson, better known as SQUAREPUSHER, spoke with The Playground team about what to expect when he hits the stage in June.
After the critically acclaimed show at The Roundhouse in Camden this March, the show at Brixton Academy will feature a ‘one off’ production theme never to be seen again. Tom stated: "It’s a one-off show for Brixton. It won’t be what I’ve done before or what I plan to do after".
The ‘Ufabulum’ theme from March will continue, as the first part of the set with some brand new content: "The second half of the set is new and will continue to be worked on after I play Brixton. It’s the Ufabulum set with a new second half, which will still be in development. 50% Ufablum, 50% new".

http://www.theplaygroundfestival.com/

Get your recording devices ready! Could be a new bangface 2008 set. (There he previewed most of just a souvenir and numbers lucent months before the album release)

Guest teetime

please reword the subject so it doesnt sound like you are posting the set, thanks

Sorry. Yes it might be a bit misleading. I would if i could! But you need admin rights to change the subject, dont you?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, another UK festival (?) cancelled.

Ok not really a festival, just 2 consecutive all-nighters at the Academy, but near enough.

*edit*

I expect the problem was that they were charging £40 - £45 to get into the Brixton Academy, which is essentially a 1-room venue. The bar areas were probably being "transformed" into room 2 / room 3 which would have made queuing at the bars fairly hideous....

ANNOUNCEMENT: We are sad to say that after much of a battle here we have been left with no option but to cancel the entire Festival. After poor ticket sales and an investor parting ways with us we weren’t able to rectify the matter.

Any tickets bought from Trackitdown, Ticketweb, Resident Advisor, See Tickets, Skiddle, Stargreen, Wegottickets, Fatsoma, Artist Ticket, Groupon will be refunded immediately.

Further announcements to be made about refunds and the status of the rescheduled 13th July event at KOKO.

After seven years of running events we appreciate all the support we have had so far although MEDIAGROUND LTD. Has been left with no option but to file for insolvency moving forward.

Further info to follow.

THE PLAYGROUND

Archived