IGNORED

Global Goon 'Crudulus TM' - What's the break called?

Hey, all! Nice to be here finally after years of occasionally lurking here and there.

I had this break years ago and used it lots, but I lost it in a hard drive mishap. Of course, I don't remember what it was called, but it's the prominent break in Global Goon's 'Crudulus TM':

http://www.rephlex.com/releases/view/119

It has a really nice pillowy snare and nice hollow rimshot type snare that I have to get again.

Thanks!

I'm sure someone will figure it out - personally it's a bit hard for me to tell because Global Goon plays around with the breakbeat a lot throughout the track, throwing reverb on it, cutting it up, etc.

Do you even sample m8?

Yes. If I knew what track that break was originally from I could sample that. Is that what you're suggesting?

I'm sure someone will figure it out - personally it's a bit hard for me to tell because Global Goon plays around with the breakbeat a lot throughout the track, throwing reverb on it, cutting it up, etc.

Yeah, that's why it's a little frustrating to find it again since I don't remember where I got it from almost 15 years ago! And it was named something like 'smooth break.wav' or something equally non-informative.

Thanks!

You could try to ask Global Goon directly, he's been on this board (I don't think he posted a lot lately though, and I think his account changed for some reason). But anyway yeah here, through soundcloud or e-mail, I'd say there are chances that he responds.

Hearing the track, I don't think I have that break, but I'm interested in having the sample as well if you find it again, it's a nice sounding break !

You could try to ask Global Goon directly, he's been on this board (I don't think he posted a lot lately though, and I think his account changed for some reason). But anyway yeah here, through soundcloud or e-mail, I'd say there are chances that he responds.

Hearing the track, I don't think I have that break, but I'm interested in having the sample as well if you find it again, it's a nice sounding break !

I did ask him on facebook and he said he got it off a cassette of breaks from aphex, but doesn't know exactly where it's from. He ALSO lost it. But I eventually found it on an old hard drive! Attached!

Thanks for looking guys!

PS : nice sounding stuff in your bandcamp

Thanks!

bopstart.wav

I did ask him on facebook and he said he got it off a cassette of breaks from aphex, but doesn't know exactly where it's from. He ALSO lost it. But I eventually found it on an old hard drive! Attached!

Well fuck, that tidbit alone was worth the search, easily more interesting than 97% of what's been posted in the Aphex subforum in the last 6 months.

Well fuck, that tidbit alone was worth the search, easily more interesting than 97% of what's been posted in the Aphex subforum in the last 6 months.

Ha! Yeah, that is kinda cool. When the most interesting thing in the last 6 months about someone is the act of giving a cassette to someone else like 15 years ago, it might be time to cut down on speculations and enjoy the thousands of other producers until Aphex eventually drops the new album. I've been digging Global Goon's new tracks on soundcloud immensely!

Here's the source of that break. It's "Bee Bop Boogie" by Hilton Felton.

[youtubehd]Q5Pfmn1AiY8[/youtubehd]

I might be crazy, but I think I remember an interview or something with Global Goon where he mentioned that cassette of breaks from Aphex... sounds familiar.

I might be crazy, but I think I remember an interview or something with Global Goon where he mentioned that cassette of breaks from Aphex... sounds familiar.

Nice! Great track overall too, it's always neat hearing the full songs breaks come from.

• 1 month later...

cheers, i've been suffering a cold at work, and feeling shit when i came home, and this picked me right up. It's odd though, it's been finished for a couple of minutes now, and i'm starting to feel shit again. -sie-

Archived