IGNORED

sharknado

jules

I think this movie is way better than Snakes On A Plane and actually earns its cult hype.

Snakes was hyped pre-release and when it came out it was a very tame, poorly written movie that would have been totally uninteresting without the hype & Sam Jackson. It didn't have anything as awesome as stopping tornados with bombs, killing sharks with a bar stool, and the content of the above gifs.

Guest zaphod

i stand by my opinion, but we should debate some more about sharknado's cultural relevance. it is the only reality.

i like my bad movies completely lacking in self awareness

megalodonjetski.gif

I love the concept, i believe one day a sharknado will happen in real life.

my friend saw a giant dust devil/mini-tornado hit a cornfield and she swears that the whole thing became a corn tornado

cornado

not to be confused with...

cormano.jpg

in other words, anything's possible

Personally, as someone who likes films like Troll 2, The Room, and ID4, I prefer the unintentionally terrible myself. That said, I appreciate the effort put in these "deliberately bad" SyFy (and related production company) films, right down to the script:

that line at 0:19 is so fucking cheesy that it gives my face muscles an odd workout induced by trying to laugh and cringe at the same time...

but even then, they can't top this:

http://youtu.be/w1XOfHax6Q8

Pretty amazing film. It's hard to pick a best sequence in the film. It's lack of regard of physics was impressive.

- A shark, whilst in the grips of the tornado, is shot & killed, falls out of the tornado. My mind tells me it should still just whirl around as debris. BUT...IT...DOESNT...It falls from the sky & wreaks even more havoc.

- If a shark gets sucked into a tornado, it makes them super fucking pissed off & increases aggressiveness to infinite. Probably due to being stuck in a tornado.

- nitro tanks stop tornados, and in turn, sharknados

Memorable scenes:

- Sharks being thrown through billboards

- Ian Zering jumping into a shark with a chainsaw, cutting his way out & low & behold, finds one of their friends still alive in said shark. Which he somehow didn't kill when he jumped into the shark with a running chainsaw.

Guest theSun

happened to see this on tv without hearing of it beforehand, just saw:

title: sharknado

starring: tara reid etc etc

had to watch this

it was pretty great how the sharks appeared to have quickly developed an ability to aim themselves at people while being tossed about in a tornado and somehow were able to breathe while flying around as well.

and somehow were able to breathe while flying around as well.

I think they mentioned they were actually waterspouts. So I guess, by movie logic, there was enough water whirling around to supply oxygen to the shark.

What baffles me about these sort of movies that they must somehow make money, otherwise they wouldn't be made, would they? Or are they just products of clever accounting and allowing the company making them to pay less tax or something.

And also did this movie cause the death of that Glee actor?

What baffles me about these sort of movies that they must somehow make money, otherwise they wouldn't be made, would they? Or are they just products of clever accounting and allowing the company making them to pay less tax or something.

This kind of covers it

http://www.wired.com/business/2013/07/asylum-business-boom/

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

megalodonjetski.gif

FLOL,

what is this? jaws 3?

Shark Attack 3: Megalodon!

Watched Sharknado the other day - thoroughly ridiculous and thoroughly enjoyable

Archived