IGNORED

Interesting facts...

goDel

• A single sperm contains 37.5 MB of DNA information. One ejaculation represents a data transfer of 15,875 GB, equivalent to the combined capacity of 62 MacBook Pro laptops.
  • A single human male produces enough sperm in two weeks to impregnate every fertile woman on the planet.

After these facts, I think I can confirm that IDM will take over the world. We can do it! :D

Moose get blizzed off rotten apples & go on rampages in sweden. If you see a moose comin at you wobblin'...get the fuck out.

Drunken moose on a tear in Sweden Huge animals getting drunken off rotten apples, causing damage

Moose-blurb-jpg.jpg

Drunken moose are terrorizing parts of Sweden, according to multiple media reports.

Earlier this month, an Ingaro man couldn't get into his house because a pack of five intoxicated moose were blocking the front door, according to Metro.

And in Stockholm, another got into a bit of a brawl with a swing set, sending police to the scene.

Apparently, the moose are getting drunk after eating rotten apples.

It's a recurring issue for law enforcement in Sweden when apples start falling from the trees each fall.

Huge animals like moose "can be really dangerous" and become "fearless" after consuming the fermented fruit, Stockholm police spokesman Albin Naverberg told The Local.

In 2011, Swedish rescue workers had to come to the aid of a drunk moose that got itself tangled in a tree.

Buncha lightweights.

...there's plenty of power in Earth's winds to be a primary source of near-zero-emission electric power.

http://io9.com/5941871/study-there-is-enough-wind-on-this-planet-to-meet-our-entire-energy-needs

Lightweights?

• Can’t sleep at night? Go camping for a week. Researchers say that 1 week camping without electronics resets our biological body clock and synchronizes our melatonin hormones with sunrise and sunset.

The lowest note in the known universe is produced by the rumbling of a black hole in the Perseus galaxy. It is 57 octaves below middle C.

awesome

Perseus Galaxy is so underrated. Digital Mystikz and Loefah just had a bigger mass following.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Even before today's release of Grand Theft Auto 5, the GTA series has already sold more games than The Who have sold records

If the entire current world population was living in Texas, it would still be less crowded than New York City.

Thank you, vast glorious nothingness that is the West Texas desert!

To illustrate my point, here's the turnoff from highway 285 toward Mentone, a town of 19 in the county of 82 people. Has about 150 or so more square miles of land than all of NYC.

The Arabs and the Africans will feel at home instantly! ;D

Although a great pyramid would be necessary for a noteworthy skyline.

my fun facts (unless you're godel)

I think you're thinking of vegas, which is in nevada not texas (heh). ;-p Also, there are no pyramids on arab lands, the pyramids are on egyptian land (unless they live in vegas).

/no fens, all in good jest

The Arabs and the Africans will feel at home instantly! ;D

Although a great pyramid would be necessary for a noteworthy skyline.

my fun facts (unless you're godel)

I think you're thinking of vegas, which is in nevada not texas (heh). ;-p Also, there are no pyramids on arab lands, the pyramids are on egyptian land (unless they live in vegas).

/no fens, all in good jest

Fun fact!

Egypt is in Africa and is primarily populated by arabs! They're both African and Arab!

lol

In 1915, the lock millionaire Cecil Chubb bought his wife Stonehenge. She didn’t like it, so in 1918 he gave it to the nation.

Under Chairman Mao, every Chinese family was obliged to kill a sparrow a week to stop them eating all the rice. The project was ineffective because sparrows don’t eat rice.

Until 1913, children in America could legally be sent by parcel post.

If you drilled a tunnel straight through the Earth and jumped in, it would take you exactly 42 minutes and 12 seconds to get to the other side.

In Afghanistan and Iraq it takes 250,000 bullets (three tons of ammunition) to kill each insurgent.

The citizens of Kuwait celebrated the end of the first Gulf War by firing weapons into the air. 20 Kuwaitis died as a result of bullets falling from the sky.

Tintin is called Tantan in Japanese because TinTinis pronounced ‘Chin chin’ and means penis.

In 2009, a retired policeman called Geraint Woolford was admitted to Abergale Hospital in north Wales and ended up next to another retired policeman called Geraint Woolford. The men weren’t related, had never met and were the only two people in the UK called Geraint Woolford.

If you drilled a tunnel straight through the Earth and jumped in, it would take you exactly 42 minutes and 12 seconds to get to the other side.

Well, if assuming the hot center of the earth isn't there, and assuming you fall in a straight line and dont get slowed down by bumping onto the wall, then yes. Of course.

Also an interesting fact about that: No matter how long the tunnel is, the time falling down will always be exactly the same.

I didn't do the math so I can't explain why. I heard some science-y guys talking about this hypothesis on tv.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Well, if assuming the hot center of the earth isn't there, and assuming you fall in a straight line and dont get slowed down by bumping onto the wall, then yes. Of course.

Also an interesting fact about that: No matter how long the tunnel is, the time falling down will always be exactly the same.

I didn't do the math so I can't explain why. I heard some science-y guys talking about this hypothesis on tv.

I thought even if you discounted the extreme heat that would incinerate you and the extreme pressure that would crush you and make you really small and broken, you'd go past the middle then start getting pulled back the other way and end up doing a kind of backwards and forwards fall until you finally settled floating stationary in the very center of the world?

Also that no matter how long the tunnel is thing - wouldn't that stop being true once you reached terminal velocity and were no longer accelerating?

I thought even if you discounted the extreme heat that would incinerate you and the extreme pressure that would crush you and make you really small and broken, you'd go past the middle then start getting pulled back the other way and end up doing a kind of backwards and forwards fall until you finally settled floating stationary in the very center of the world?

Also that no matter how long the tunnel is thing - wouldn't that stop being true once you reached terminal velocity and were no longer accelerating?

Ah, good that you asked. The thing about that is *head implodes*

AHA! i'm glad somebody brought that up. yes correct due to the earths gravitational pull you would NOT just plop down to the other crust.

let's ignore the earths core bit as you would obviously be wearing a special kind of suit (DUH!!!) to prevent otherwise inevitable incineration.

Archived