IGNORED

Trans Canada Highway leaked

azatoth

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skyliner is easily one of the best of their career and is my personal fave.

Left Side Drive is quite good...but the beats dont seem as nifty as in Skyliner.

as for the remix and interludes... :mcgriff:

and the left side drive = the beach at redpoint except revamped btw.

i see few similarities between the two really

I dunno the melody automatically reminded me of beach at read point.

The drums does have the Aquarius ting to it. I wasn't too fond of it b/c it kinda sounds like a rehash of old ideas.

IMO, Skyliner is the best in there. I actually prefered the first interlude track over the coke one.

Guest Barrichello

yes, this is good. i never had a problem with TCH, but this is back to familiar territory. left side drive and skyliner (which sounds like an alternative version of Oscar See Through Red Eye to me) are both heavy hitters.

this almost makes up for the sell out pile of shite that was their dayvan promo video.

boc live on.

Guest Yggdrasil

(which sounds like an alternative version of Oscar See Through Red Eye to me)

i thought the same thing.

as did i, though i've only heard the preview version.

will not be downloading this....22 more days is not very long to wait.

it's better to have a first listen on vinyl.

i'll have to take your word for it on that. i don't have a record player, so my first listen has never been on vinyl (at least not since 1985, Chicago Bears, Superbowl Shuffle).

Skytree, you're going to love these tracks.

Guest Moebius

Ya know, it's funny, I'm actually hearing more of "You Could Feel the Sky" on "Left Side Drive" than "The Beach at Redpoint"

Have to see how this grows on me.

Right now I'm feeling very down about BoC. I don't feel like I'm hearing much music on this EP. Y'know, melodies and stuff.

Left Side Drive starts out well enough, but as often seems the case with new BoC, doesn't really go anywhere. I waiting for an insidious synth line to come in and blend with the beat, but it never did. And that "plucky" metallic sound that comes in at about the 3 min mark is distracting.

I like this new production trick they're using, melding subtle recordings of wind in with the background noise. Does give it a glacial, outdoorsy feel.

Based on this EP, I'm guessing their next full length will be 66 minutes of field recordings, with one synth note per "track."

Guest jlp373tisch
Have to see how this grows on me.

Left Side Drive starts out well enough, but as often seems the case with new BoC, doesn't really go anywhere.

the rest of what you said is alright. but christ, some of us listen to boc BECAUSE their stuff "doesn't really go anywhere."

Horizontal. Flat. Linear. That's how they do.

i swear to god you guys.

some times this shit makes me want to jump off of a motherfucking cliff. i don't even know how to describe the DESPARATION I feel when one of these artists make a new shitting on their respective labels. is it that i growing older and less gay in the head or what the fuck is it guys? am i just in this haze of SERIOUS FUCKING JAMS like the sword and electric wizard and venom that electronic music seems like sesame street to me?

don't get me wrong, fucking mates, i love this release MATES. but i just dont know anymore.

i think i have to start doing this shit better

Guest bitroast

ah yes.

i like this release.

it sounds as if they have a new synth or two. they have a sort of new sound. and theyve been playing around with it alot on this ep and on campfire headphase, except with this ep, theyre making music with the same mood of their previous stuff. its nothing new. but it is boards of canada.

thats not saying i didnt like campfire, just, after the first listen, i could barely listen to it.

if people are saying its an album that grows, its the exact opposite for me.

the rest of what you said is alright. but christ, some of us listen to boc BECAUSE their stuff "doesn't really go anywhere."

Horizontal. Flat. Linear. That's how they do.

Nah. Some is like that. But a lot of their best tracks change and build. See nlogax, telephasic workshop, everything you do is a balloon, June 9th, Buckie High, etc. etc. etc.

Edit: And Left Side Drive is pretty nice. I don't really like Skyliner as I think my brain is just fed up with all the "swirly reverse-y" shit boc have been doing since Geogaddi. It makes me a little nauseous.

This EP sounds more canadian.

?

dewd its like canadain like vnsares or skinny puppy is canadian dawgg, dont you know how to recognize the canadain sound?!?! its OBVIOUS BRO

Archived