IGNORED

Flaming Lips - Peace Sword

jules

As previously reported, The Flaming Lips will release an EP featuring music for and inspired by the new sci-fi feature film Enders Game. Peace Sword- which will feature the title track Peace Sword (Open Your Heart), written specifically for the filmis set for digital release on October 29 to coincide with the November 1 premier of the movie.The EP will be released on CD and limited-edition twelve inch vinyl on November 29 in conjunction with Record Store Day and will include exclusive artwork that will be different on either platform. In addition, the Oklahoma City freak-rock band will release a Halloween blood bath hoodie on the same day as the digital release of Peace Sword.
Peace Sword tracklist:

Peace Sword (Open Your Heart)
If They Move, Shoot Em
Is the Black at the End Good?
Think Like a Machine, Not a Boy
Wolf Children
Assassin Beetle The Dream is Ending

I saw them live for the first time a couple of weeks ago. While there were definitely quite a few songs I wish they played, their live show is clearly pretty badass. Wayne Coyne holding a baby with electric xmas light tentacles coming out of it, lots of confetti, smoke machines, and 50 year old dudes in the audience eating shrooms.

Guest bitroast

I saw them live for the first time a couple of weeks ago. While there were definitely quite a few songs I wish they played, their live show is clearly pretty badass. Wayne Coyne holding a baby with electric xmas light tentacles coming out of it, lots of confetti, smoke machines, and 50 year old dudes in the audience eating shrooms.

that sounds brilliant. i saw them live a year or so back and yes, it was definitely incredible^-^

i hope it is in a similar realm as their last album. i absolutely love that. they started to lose me over the last few records and this most recent one really pulled me back in.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest bitroast

oh!! i was going to bump this thread but couldn't find it and then forgot about it.

but! the title track Peace Sword features tobacco (from black moth super rainbow). and you can totally hear it too, once you know what to listen for:)

(and fourth track Think Like A Machine, Not A Boy features him too apparently, which seems to be from the same session as the first track?)

Archived