IGNORED

Edward Snowden needs your money

Nebraska

we send information into the air through invisible wires and we're just supposed to believe that nowhere along the way there could be a chink in the armor?

if thats what we believe, we are stupid for believing that.

/end of story

i'm not thrilled with his decision mostly because I feel that the public has been left in the dark as to exactly why he's doing this at such an arguably crucial time. I'm of the mind that he needs to just release most of it now for transparency sake. However I also understand that his strategy of holding back documents and taking the time to write a thorough article about each individual one in succession so in a way to force the news cycle to keep covering it rather than cycling it out quickly .. i is working quite well.

I think one of the main reason he is doing it step-by-step is also that it's pretty detailed work that has to be done encrypting, checking and proving the documents / content of the documents. Greenwald doesn't want to just boast out all the stuff because it is so sensitive and important. So shocking and terrifying all the same. There is simply no space for any mistake or flaw! He talked about his way of working with the material Snowden provided on a recent BBC interview. The interview is also an interesting piece of media bias (talking about the BBC here):

Nonetheless, you are right, that this step-by-step revelation which could probably take up years is a very good strategy to keep the news running on this subject for quite a while.

On a critical note: literally the first thing Greenwald says in the interview, is that he's not THE ONE who decides to release which document when and why and how. There's an entire team. So there is no "his strategy". At this point in time, Greenwald is almost as much part of the story as Snowden is. In the sense that he helped Snowden initially. So, in a way, Greenwald's journalistic efforts - at this point in time - are, or should be, close to zero, imo. Just because he is part of the story. A journalist shouldn't cover a story which he is part of.

we send information into the air through invisible wires and we're just supposed to believe that nowhere along the way there could be a chink in the armor?

if thats what we believe, we are stupid for believing that.

/end of story

That information is encrypted and it's illegal to eavesdrop. Illegal, until that bill was signed allowing the NSA to warrantlessly eavesdrop on the entire world. So the 'justified' eavesdropping is problematic, but the fact they got the means to decrypt much of what is spread digitally is at least as much problematic. The encryption was a big part in keeping our conversations private, because, like you say: it's pretty obvious some party could get hold of any information which is thrown into the air (public space).

Edward Snowden can shut the fuck up. Fucking pussy.

Just curious, but why?

Oh screw his wanne-be folk hero ass. "Ohhh Russia, give me sanctuary, the US is gonna kill me! I don't want to sit in your airport anymore...make me a russian citizen please, please...I'm on your side."

Asshole knew what he was signing up for. He wanted his 15 minutes of fame & galavant around getting medals & making speeches & finally get laid to his new found popularity. Fuck his introverted nerd ass. Spying has been going on forever & will go on forever. Fucking internets has ads geared towards whatever I search for for christs sake. I assume my government is keeping tabs on everything, but they're so ass backwards what are they really gonna do. If it helps stop some crazy terrorist plot, I could care less. I aint got shit to hide, so have fun dissecting my life.

go friend Zack De La Rocha and cry about it.

What effect is Snowdens coming out party gonna have?

Answer: Not a damn thing.

I think you should stob dabbling in politics. So it didn't work out...not your fault.

Hey, it's cool guys, you want to give him a reach around & hail him a true hero, have at it.

edit: If you want to give me an explanation as how it affects my everyday existence, go for it. You might just change my mind.

If you're interested you could start by looking over this NSA surveillance discussion we've been having over the past half year, or you know, googling the subject, rather than just barging into a donation thread with a "fuck this pussy" rant.

I'm sorry, I'm not scared of the NSA. It's still run by people who will email info to this person, who sends it to that person, who then sends it to a secretary & back to the original sender.

I know 2 things from employment: People like to collect emails & collect powerpoint presentations

I would venture a guess, that's the NSA in a nutshell.

Sorry guys, I just don't care. I'll stay out of your Snowden donation threads from now on due to not agreeing with the majority.

If you're interested you could start by looking over this NSA surveillance discussion we've been having over the past half year, or you know, googling the subject, rather than just barging into a donation thread with a "fuck this pussy" rant.

I'm sorry, I'm not scared of the NSA. It's still run by people who will email info to this person, who sends it to that person, who then sends it to a secretary & back to the original sender.

I know 2 things from employment: People like to collect emails & collect powerpoint presentations

I would venture a guess, that's the NSA in a nutshell.

Sorry guys, I just don't care. I'll stay out of your Snowden donation threads from now on due to not agreeing with the majority.

It's not a matter of "not agreeing with the majority." At all. If you actually had a thoughtful position then we'd listen to it and consider it. You obviously don't. You think Snowden is just a guy trying to get his. It's idiotic.

Hey, it's cool guys, you want to give him a reach around & hail him a true hero, have at it.

edit: If you want to give me an explanation as how it affects my everyday existence, go for it. You might just change my mind.

hero debate aside, I'd just rather the man not go to jail/be executed. Why is that so wrong?

I mean, your stance, forgive me for being blunt, is pretty selfish. Do you think this man deserves to die/be in a max security prison for the rest of his life?

governments pay a lot of money to hire people to write comments under newspaper articles

not impossible that they pay people to post on music/movie forums as well :biggrin:

but they're like the spies described in sun tzu's art of war. make fun of the government enough, then the spies will turn their allegiance.

there was a policeman hired to infiltrate greenpeace, he ended up shagging the women there and genuinely transformed into an enviro-hippie.

hey olo do you like aphex twin or what man? :emb: joke paranoia

Archived