IGNORED

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Guest Mirezzi

for mercantile skill and loads of money at the start of the game, go see the orc bitch at the ruins of kvatch, equip your most expensive weapon, and sell it to her, it cant be uneqipped, you get payed, and also keep the weapon. she only has 200 on her though.

i found infinite money also after you do the mission to cure vampirism, you can just break into the skingrad count's castle and speak to him about the reward repeatadly to get given 5000 over and over again.

I missed reading this, but it's great news!  We've had a bitch of a time keeping money on hand, and we've robbed every store in the Imperial City, some of them twice.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would just like to reiterate that oblivion players should really check out the expansion I mentioned for the game cause it's really good no one on here played it yet?

I played Shivering Isles but my playthrough was awful as I just skipped most of the dialogue and attacked those who attacked me and saved those who needed saving. A truly horrific way of completing a game, I know...

lol, yeah I often don't have patience either, especially nowadays I don't, with most games being shit. So you're not the only one :laughing:

But if you're bored or anything, you might want to give it another try, because it has a great immersive atmosphere in my opinion, great storyline and characters with a strange sense of humour, all those aspects which make a game worth playing basically.

I would just like to reiterate that oblivion players should really check out the expansion I mentioned for the game cause it's really good no one on here played it yet?

I played Shivering Isles but my playthrough was awful as I just skipped most of the dialogue and attacked those who attacked me and saved those who needed saving. A truly horrific way of completing a game, I know...

lol, yeah I often don't have patience either, especially nowadays I don't, with most games being shit. So you're not the only one :laughing:

But if you're bored or anything, you might want to give it another try, because it has a great immersive atmosphere in my opinion, great storyline and characters with a strange sense of humour, all those aspects which make a game worth playing basically.

I sold Oblivion about a year ago because I needed the money... how pathetic is that?

I'm usually quite patient around games because I like to loose myself in games and especially dialogue-driven games because they usually have a lot more to offer. Just look at the old adventure games - works of art!

Guest viscosity

I don't know what it was about Oblivion.. but I could never push myself to complete it. I have tried it numerous times with different classes and characters, but in the end I would always get bored of hauling extra items just for money, entering similar and repetitive cave designs, etc.

I used allot of mods on it too

Fallout 3 on the other hand.. loved that game, maybe it was the more modern wasteland theme that attracted me? just seems like a far more engaging game to me

I sold Oblivion about a year ago because I needed the money... how pathetic is that?

I'm usually quite patient around games because I like to loose myself in games and especially dialogue-driven games because they usually have a lot more to offer. Just look at the old adventure games - works of art!

Word :beer: The problem with most games these days is, they can't be considered art anymore imo - much like Hollywood movies.

Guest viscosity

they dont make em like they used to

this is in reference to adventure games ofcourse (Lucasarts in their golden years)

i think the only complaint i have on this game so far (about 10 hours in i guess), is there only seems to be 4 fucking songs in the whole damn game. wtf? they get old after the first hour.

i think the only complaint i have on this game so far (about 10 hours in i guess), is there only seems to be 4 fucking songs in the whole damn game. wtf? they get old after the first hour.

Yes, that's a bit of a shame. The songs it's got are pretty good though.

oh, thought i should specify, im playing it on the ps3, which apparently has a lot of bugs in it...but i havent experienced a problem yet.

Just play it windowed so you can use iTunes or foobar or whatever to play your own music.

I hardly ever play rpgs or online games without my own music playing

yeah but oblivion has good music by jeremy soule so I liked listening to those tracks

ok so how does an ati radion xpress200 compare to aforementioned gfx cards? i don't have high hopes.

I don't see that working out.

It'll be a slideshow.

ok so how does an ati radion xpress200 compare to aforementioned gfx cards? i don't have high hopes.

I don't see that working out.

It'll be a slideshow.

it was. quite disappointing. you'd think that i would be able to run considering i can run doom 3 and hl 2 perfect but nooo......

I can run HL2 on this laptop in mostly the highest settings and have it look splendid, but Oblivion runs in single digit FPS's on the absolute lowest settings/lowest resolution. I think it's just coded shitty.

Just play it windowed so you can use iTunes or foobar or whatever to play your own music.

I hardly ever play rpgs or online games without my own music playing

yeah but oblivion has good music by jeremy soule so I liked listening to those tracks

truth

dont get me wrong, i love the overworld themes, but after four or five hours they get SOOOO OLD....i mean, really, thats all there is? for a game this huge you would think there would be a two hour soundtrack or something.

look, all im saying is there is about an hour of music for a game that most end up doing around 80 hours of playing...it gets fucking OLD

anyway, just did the first big dungeon on the main quest, fucked shit up with my bow, i think thats my gig from now on.

We have an Xbox version, and it keeps freezing and saying the disc is unreadable, so we've taken a few more breaks than usual to play Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom (whose gameplay has all the button-mashing combat appeal of God of War without the puzzles).

Archived