IGNORED

Come To Daddy has a guitar in?

Guest theflame...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It indicates that Aphex sang "I want your soul" etc. I thought all the vocals - "I want your soul", "I will eat your soul" and "come to daddy" were all samples from Hellraiser? Pinhead says them I think. He definitely says "come to daddy" in one of the films.

Guest theflame...

no, i dont 'really think' that, im just interested in hearing what other people say. you got any opinion on that?

no, i dont 'really think' that, im just interested in hearing what other people say. you got any opinion on that?

i've always thought it was a heavily distorted synth. seems unlikely he used a boring old electric guitar.

always sounded like a synth to me that sonds slightly like a lectric geetar

one thing is definite

Come to Daddy was a blatant piss take of the prodigy and their bullshit teenage pop smashes

firestarter and breathe and a shameless cynical ploy to sell his worst ever track to a whole new audience of retards weened on prodigy and mtv shit

Guest gazztron
It indicates that Aphex sang "I want your soul" etc. I thought all the vocals - "I want your soul", "I will eat your soul" and "come to daddy" were all samples from Hellraiser? Pinhead says them I think. He definitely says "come to daddy" in one of the films.

I recall Freddy Krueger having said it too.

Guest Morgan Dunn

yea i always thought it was a guitar. he also definetly uses a guitar in arched maid via rdj and possibly windowlicker

Guest Morgan Dunn
Also in melodies from mars I hear some plucked strings of some sort.

yea, very similar to some stuff in the richard d. james album. that could be a classical guitar or even maybe a violin or classical instrument like that

yea i always thought it was a guitar. he also definetly uses a guitar in arched maid via rdj and possibly windowlicker

i doubt it. definetly no guitar in arched maid via rdj.

Guest Morgan Dunn
i doubt it. definetly no guitar in arched maid via rdj.

im pretty darn sure thats a guitar...its especially apparent towards the end. it even sounds like a typical guitar riff, like hes just jammin out

Guest Morgan Dunn
it's definately not a guitar...

have some sort of proof? ive been playing guitar for awhile and it sounds like either a guitar or a synth of a guitar to me. i cant think of anything that would sound quite like the last diddy thats played; it starts at 3:04, and the parts before that sound like bent or drawn out guitar notes

Guest greenbank

whaaat?! course its not a guitar in arched maid! no way! its totally a synth, quite which one i'm not sure but if you listen to 'the metro' by berlin you will find a synth line which is almost identical in timbre + style to the one in arched maid. i think berlin used a prophet 5 and some sort of roland modular at the time so could be one of them.

Guest Morgan Dunn

it's definately not a guitar...

have some sort of proof? ive been playing guitar for awhile and it sounds like either a guitar or a synth of a guitar to me. i cant think of anything that would sound quite like the last diddy thats played; it starts at 3:04, and the parts before that sound like bent or drawn out guitar notes

well no i don't have proof, but i've also been playing guitar for a long time and that really doesn't sound like a guitar to me... let alone the fact that rdj has never played guitar on anything else :confused:

it just a portamento synth line - i guess though that sort of wah sound it's has a bit of a guitar-ish tone but that's all.

in fact, i think i remember reading somewhere exactly what sort of synth it was by someone on this board (loganfive i think? he seems to know his stuff).

hm...well i must say it certainly gives the illusion of a guitar.

Guest greenbank

listening to it again the noo it sounds totally like a prophet 5. with the sync button pressed.

Yeah, distortion can make anything sound like anything distorted. Distortions fucks things up, so you cant tell. Play a synth through an amp simulator.

Archived