IGNORED

christ. (ben513) by christ.

Ifeelspace

Great artist. Too bad about the name "Christ." He'd find a wider audience with a different name. I'm loving these tracks so far

Agreed there; I had a lot of trouble actually finding his FB page in the FB search function because of that.

i find it hard to listen to any of his stuff since he's acting like such a cunt recently. 'nobody buys my music, imma cry and not release anything more because there's not enough people giving me money'. jesus fucking christ on a stick. they guy with 1000 likes and literally all of his recognition brought to him by association with boards of canada is bummed out that few people pay for his shit. i hate people who complain about not getting enough money from making music. yeah i know it takes time to make all these tunes and it takes money to maintain a studio of sorts, but still. i wonder where they get the number of 250 000 illegal downloads of his last album. and even if it's true (i would be surprised there were 250 illegal downloads, i did not ever see it being uploaded anywhere) wouldn't it mean he's popular and that'a good thing people listen to your shit? isn't that what matters? :cerious:

for the record, i bought most of his stuff directly from him. so he got all my hard earned money. i hope he used it for something good.

and sorry but i had to vent somewhere

Kinda have to agree with you there kinski. Something rather unbecoming about an artist criticising people on fb, particularly as most of the people who like the page are probably actually true fans cos they bothered to find and click on him.

Still, I love his music

Funki porcini screwed it up in a similar fashion recently. Apprently loads of people had torrented his previous album but I'm guessing not many people bought it directly. I went to his bandcamp site to get the latest album, he was charging £14 a download! He'd decided the best way to recoup costs was to massively overcharge all the people who were still paying for his music.

Christ. just posted this to his fan page:

"just wanted to drop a belated apology for my little tantrum earlier in the month. it occurs to me i'm preaching to the converted. i'm actually pretty grateful for each and every one of you. i'm also glad that people are listening, regardless of how they laid their hands on the tracks. it's a wee bit frustrating when you see the numbers and compare them to previous numbers... hell, maybe i just need to make better musics.... but at the end of the day, people buy what they buy. thanks to those of you that visit and enjoy. thanks also to those that have downloaded the re-release of ben513. overwhelming. i love you all."

Something rather unbecoming about an artist criticising people on fb, particularly as most of the people who like the page are probably actually true fans

This x100000000. The problem with Facebook/Twitter is its easy to vent out frustrations, but in this instance, you're already preaching to the converted.

There are loads of ways to minimise piracy, but moaning about it to your existing fans isn't really one of them. I've done it, and it doesn't help anyone. Energy is better spent ignoring the bullshit, continuing to write music, and ignore the people who have no intention of supporting you in the first place. If someone genuinely has no motivation to buy music, then no amount of justification, arguing, or threats will make them think otherwise. It's just the way it goes.

Archived