IGNORED

After gay marriage, where do I sign for poligamy?

Allize

The only person I know to come out of a mormon family is a biologist who does stuff like work on vaccines. But she denounced religion and all its silliness pretty early on in life. She's well adjusted despite being brought up with all sorts of wacky beliefs.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry.

I thought "want not, waste not," was a rather evocatively self explanatory axiom.

So what will your polygamist future look like? Is it better to have 1 male and multiple females like nature? That is the only way that makes biological sense to me. But that seems kind of sexist. So will you and 3 of your male friends share a couple of girls together?

You obviously have a deeply seated negative bias towards sexual desire. My bet is on your being a Christian. If I end up in an alternative relationship so be it. I don't have any idea what the future holds for me in regard to my personal relationships.

After polygamy, where do I sign for zoophilia?

zoophilia is a cross-species sexual relationship. It has no bearing on human relationships. Slippery slope arguments are a proof of ignorance.

ya im only joshing

--

if all involve are consensual who cares?

of course marriage would be tricky, maybe have two main ones who manage all finances and stuff, idk

thats my contribution, deer kid

I charge you with the same thing I mentioned above: produce an example of a well adjusted, productive human being that came from a polygamic family.

Cardinals mate for life.

It probably isn't that hard to find, must of us do. Almost everybody I know came from a dysfunctional marriage that led to cheating, is that any better? The exception doesn't make the rule and the rule doesn't rule out the exception. Everything is conceivable, the possibilites are endless once one's mind is open. And I'm not going to do your homework, we're just doing a healthy and peaceful discussion here so if you want to bring something new to support your statement, do it on your own.

You're unlikely to find many examples of that since polygamy is illegal in most places in the world. If it were common place you'd probably find many examples of productive humans coming out of polygamic families.

(to sheathman's post above...probably shouldn't get involved in this thread though... things are getting pretty ridiculous.)

In Africa and the arab world you have a lot of poligamic families and they obviously have produced productive or atleast functional members of society, his argument is completely unreasonable.

You're unlikely to find many examples of that since polygamy is illegal in most places in the world. If it were common place you'd probably find many examples of productive humans coming out of polygamic families.

(to sheathman's post above...probably shouldn't get involved in this thread though... things are getting pretty ridiculous.)

In Africa and the arab world you have a lot of poligamic families and they obviously have produced productive or atleast functional members of society, his argument is completely unreasonable.

Notice I put white in parentheses.

My argument is not unreasonable at all. Your models are African countries where little girls have their genitals mutilated, and Arab countries where little girls are married to men in their 30s and often die of internal bleeding do to being raped? I don't know what polygamist families you are talking about, but I do know in both countries they would absolutely favor the man and demean the women. Vague examples of absolute misogyny.

That last paragraph shows an enormous ignorance from your part. I don't think you should post anymore, as you only ridicule yourself each time. I actually happen to know alot of people from northern islamic Africa and they're very good people, frequently very educated and inteligent. Polygamic families there often have more revenue and subsequently more to give to the offspring.

Notice I put white in parentheses.

My argument is not unreasonable at all. Your models are African countries where little girls have their genitals mutilated, and Arab countries where little girls are married to men in their 30s and often die of internal bleeding do to being raped? I don't know what polygamist families you are talking about, but I do know in both countries they would absolutely favor the man and demean the women. Vague examples of absolute misogyny.

I think just the fact that you called Africa and "the Arab world" countries should prompt a little more research and digging.

My point is that there is a correlation between the widespread practice of polygamy and extreme sexism.

I think just the fact that you called Africa and "the Arab world" countries should prompt a little more research and digging.

Whoops, but it's obvious that it was a typo, as I clearly stated "African Countries" and "Arab Countries" before that. And I never said "the arab world," that was Allize. I'm not the one being vague here, I'm just responding.

But forgive me, let me change that errant "countries" to "continental regions."

My point is that there is a correlation between the widespread practice of polygamy and extreme sexism.

Whoops, but it's obvious that it was a typo, as I clearly stated "African Countries" and "Arab Countries" before that. And I never said "the arab world," that was Allize. I'm not the one being vague here, I'm just responding.

In defense of sheathman, most of those African countries are in those maps are Muslim majority or Islamic governments.

They are two dissociable things, you really aren't making a case for yourself.

And yeah, it was obviously a typo, after all that ignorance and biggottry you exposed us to, I'm sure it was only a typo.

"Correlation is not Causation"

Correlation does not equal causation outright, but it demands investigation. Besides, I'm not saying one causes the other, but that they likely have a common cause, which is one of the possible correlations.

Sorry.

I thought "want not, waste not," was a rather evocatively self explanatory axiom.

So what will your polygamist future look like? Is it better to have 1 male and multiple females like nature? That is the only way that makes biological sense to me. But that seems kind of sexist. So will you and 3 of your male friends share a couple of girls together?

You obviously have a deeply seated negative bias towards sexual desire. My bet is on your being a Christian. If I end up in an alternative relationship so be it. I don't have any idea what the future holds for me in regard to my personal relationships.

I think sexual desire ends in brokenness more often than not, because of how the world treats sex. Sex creates a bond between to people that will only cause suffering if severed. If it isn't severed, then it is a beautiful thing.

Just stop and ask yourself how many girls you know are in any way interested in pursuing a polygamist union? It's purely a male fantasy.

"Correlation is not Causation"

Correlation does not equal causation outright, but it demands investigation. Besides, I'm not saying one causes the other, but that they likely have a common cause, which is one of the possible correlations.

Sorry.

I think sexual desire ends in brokenness more often than not, because of how the world treats sex. Sex creates a bond between to people that will only cause suffering if severed. If it isn't severed, then it is a beautiful thing.

Just stop and ask yourself how many girls you know are in any way interested in pursuing a polygamist union? It's purely a male fantasy.

So, you speak for all women then? Who said that the polygamy had to involve men at all?

The reason that there are not many western examples, or examples that do not involve these other religions, is because politics fueled by conservative christian beliefs has caused it to be outlawed. There is no baseline for state recognized casually occurring polygamy. If there was, I would imagine you would see many different types of polygamist relationships. Some healthy and some not. As with any human relationship.

No, I'm saying let women speak for themselves, which they have yet to do here. Some feminists would support polygamy in theory, but rarely in practice.

Within polygamy there are polygyny and polyandry, one man with multiple women, and one woman with multiple men. You could also have multiple of both sexes, which is what some feminists would call ideal. Polygyny is the norm, and polyandry is extremely rare.

If polygamy became widespread, society would collapse. It may happen sooner than we think, so I will chance it that my claim will be proven through time. The negative effects aren't felt right now because it is rare enough that people can muck about in it as they like.

But once polygamy comes through the gates, it follows that the age barrier will be dissolved. There are currently some highly regarded "scholars" who are lobbying for the legalization of sex with children. Seriously. I'll try to find the press on it.

Shouldn't the "to each his own" ethos that forces many here, with their privileged (white) male guilt, to admonish polygamist opposition, also bind those same people from calling someone's beliefs "wacky?"

I think everyone's entitled to their own wacky beliefs, and most people have a few of them. You made a post that seemed to be a dig at mormonism, seeming to acknowlege that they hold some wacky beliefs, as all religions do. My point is that her family's lifestyle choices didn't hold her back from being the person she wanted to be, much like being raised in a polygamist family isn't going to prevent someone from being productive (provided they're not also living in a society where forced genital mutilation is common practice).

Sorry zeph, I shoonae done that.

I think your friend is the exception. For every resilient child there are 10 that don't make it out, especially when you are talking about really bad situations (which a Mormon family probably is not. All things considered it's one of the more fortunate situations a child could be born into today).

No, I'm saying let women speak for themselves, which they have yet to do here. Some feminists would support polygamy in theory, but rarely in practice.

Within polygamy there are polygyny and polyandry, one man with multiple women, and one woman with multiple men. You could also have multiple of both sexes, which is what some feminists would call ideal. Polygyny is the norm, and polyandry is extremely rare.

If polygamy became widespread, society would collapse. It may happen sooner than we think, so I will chance it that my claim will be proven through time. The negative effects aren't felt right now because it is rare enough that people can muck about in it as they like.

But once polygamy comes through the gates, it follows that the age barrier will be dissolved. There are currently some highly regarded "scholars" who are lobbying for the legalization of sex with children. Seriously. I'll try to find the press on it.

This is pure fucking insanity. cut and dry.

Archived