55 members have voted

1. 1. 1

• Ejaculating into fire
    • Being abducted by aliens and not telling anyone
  2. 2. 2

• Caring a lot about your houseplants
    • Default MIDI presets
  3. 3. 3

• Mycorrhizae (massive underground fungal internets weighing in at about 1.5 tons per human)
    • Slime molds
  4. 4. 4

• Dreaming about being on the internet
    • Homeless people with 808s
  5. 5. 5

• The 30,000 year old virus that was thawed out and brought back from extinction by French scientists
    • Smoking a pipe in a space helmet
  6. 6. 6

• A giant skeleton in the desert under which several tribal societies have formed
    • Stoya riding a bike on the hills of Cappadocia
  7. 7. 7

• Robots reverting to agrarian society after human extinction
    • Windows 95
  8. 8. 8

• Digital synthesis
    • Bioluminescent lifeforms
  9. 9. 9

• Noticing that the CD you're playing, which sounds like a CD skipping, is skipping
    • Asking ae to name your left foot
  10. 10. 10

• Caves
    • Déjà vus about déjà vus
  11. 11. 11

• ***CONSCIOUSNESS***
    • Things that look green enough for some people to say "that's green" but that are actually not quite green
  12. 12. 12

• Nominating the same things for MOST IDM every year
    • Slowly rotating three-dimensional currency
  13. 13. 13

• Broken GIFs
    • Coiled-up ferns
  14. 14. 14

• Cordyceps (parasitic fungi that kill insects and grow out of their dead bodies)
    • Doors that swing both ways
  15. 15. 15

• Hating on things because they are mildly popular
    • Lunar maps
  16. 16. 16

• Outdated technology
    • Eighties noise-gated snare drums

Time for round 2. 16 matchups! 32 contendors remain.

The top four seeds are still in the game. Ejaculating into fire spurted past Crying at the end of Blade Runner by a modest margin. Noticing your glitchy CD is skipping comfortably beat Bad translator. Broken GIFs easily destroyed Analog drum kits played by robots. The thirty thousand year old virus comfortably beat Quantum computers inside contact lenses.

There were also a healthy number of upsets. Default MIDI presets, in a huge upset, managed to slip past Aphex Twin's continued refusal to release anything. Slime molds comfortably beat Ulilillililililia, in an upset that is sure to enrage Uli fans (go Slime molds go!). The newcommer, A giant skeleton sheltering tribal societies pulled ahead of Digital vinyls. Old favourte, Windows 95, slipped ahead of Lucid dreaming by only 1 vote. Digital synthesis managed to beat Pyongyang Racer. Better luck next year, Pyongyang Racer (and don't stare at me, I'm on duty!). In a double blow to Uli, Recursive deja vus beat out Uli's book and all 10 of the elemental masters. Slowly rotating 3D currency beat Flep Bird. Coiled-up ferns slipped past Wearing all your clothes and not going to a restaurant. Doors that swing both ways beat the AAA thread. And finally, Hating on things because they are mildly popular beat Going to shitty restaurants in fancy clothes by only 1 vote.

Things are tense. There are veterans and rookies still in the game. There are no more clothes/restaurant hybrids.

Round 2 begin!

EDIT: Link to brackets

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*throws weight behind broken GIFs*

*distorts cosmological gravity field by playing all tracks from DrukQs *simultaneously*******.', ¥£$such that anyones weight leads to completely unexpected chains of events, everywhere

Can someone explain what so IDM about caring for house plants? Any stereotypical mom loves to take care of house plants. And moms who are also stereotypical are far from IDM. Stereountypical moms, perhaps. But anything stereotypical certainly not. One should even consider taking the house plants out of competition because of blasphemous attempts to un-idm the most sacred of sacralities: the watmm yearly mossst idm tournament.

End of

Can someone explain what so IDM about caring for house plants? Any stereotypical mom loves to take care of house plants. And moms who are also stereotypical are far from IDM. Stereountypical moms, perhaps. But anything stereotypical certainly not. One should even consider taking the house plants out of competition because of blasphemous attempts to un-idm the most sacred of sacralities: the watmm yearly mossst idm tournament.

End of

Leon the professional cared for his house plants. And he's pretty idm to be fair

Taking care of houseplants is pretty mundane. But really caring about your houseplants?

You know how some people care about their pets with feelings you'd expect to be reserved for children. What if you feel that towards your plants?

Ok, if its about Leon taking care for house plants, fine. I can feel that. But take note that mister miyagi from karate kid took care of his house plants as well. Deffo not idm-o. So the general "taking care of house plants" should be changed to " Leon from Leon taking care of ... While a young Nat Portman watches intensly and on a bike".

Is that possible?

End of

Taking care of houseplants well, you create a personal connection that goes both ways. You learn the plants, and the plants learn you. There've been studies that show that plants can even distinguish between different people-- the study was someone abusing the plants, and another being caring. The plant reacted negatively to the person who harmed the plant, entering the room. Plants in general are IDM, because they are highly intelligent and carry ancient knowledge. So when taking care of plants well, that is ultra IDM, because you are getting back to your ancient crystalline high consciousness roots; when plant and man were one. If your taken care of house plants are ganj, you then smoke them to make the ultimate consciousness connection-- the plant's consciousness ENTERS YOU AND YOU SHARE CONSCIOUSNESS SIMULTANEOUSLY. The plant gets to live through human consciousness-- you get to live through plant consciousness. It is the circle of life-- starting at seed, ending in what results of your activities from smoke-- and on and on...

And I can't believe ***CONSCIOUSNESS*** is losing at this point. To green ting? ***CONSCIOUSNESS*** was mine. Ejaculating into fire was indirectly mine, which is also losing. Well- I am happy to at least have made it this far, in my first ever, this event. After none of my selections win, I will still be meditating in levitation as a hologram projecting reality, so my IDM will prevail!!!

IDM4LIFE

Godspeed.

End of

Taking care of houseplants well, you create a personal connection that goes both ways. You learn the plants, and the plants learn you. There've been studies that show that plants can even distinguish between different people-- the study was someone abusing the plants, and another being caring. The plant reacted negatively to the person who harmed the plant, entering the room. Plants in general are IDM, because they are highly intelligent and carry ancient knowledge. So when taking care of plants well, that is ultra IDM, because you are getting back to your ancient crystalline high consciousness roots; when plant and man were one.

And I can't believe ***CONSCIOUSNESS*** is losing at this point. To green ting? ***CONSCIOUSNESS*** was mine. Ejaculating into fire was indirectly mine, which is also losing. Well- I am happy to at least have made it this far, in my first ever, this event. After none of my selections win, I will still be meditating in levitation as a hologram projecting reality, so my IDM will prevail!!!

IDM4LIFE

Godspeed.

Thats not intelligence. Thats chemistry. You can make those claims about taking care of any living thing.

*joins the anti-hippy fanclub*

No, I'm talking about actual intelligence. I'm talking about if you tune-in to a tree in the forest, it can tell you things about the essence of living that modern man has nearly forgotten. When lost in a forest, you can ask the trees for directions to the nearest stream, and they'll tell you. Without knowledge of edible plants, you can communicate with them to see which are cool with being eaten and which will kill you. They are smart as fuck and have internet and shit, but they do not have a sense of humor.

As ***CONSCIOUSNESS*** is losing at this point, lemme just say that having to create tracks based on Consciousness should output the best out of us that is even imaginably possible. The reason being that, imagine that you are sitting in front of your DAW and busting out some acid line-- naw man, you're already jumping on a bandwagon, so you have to get off of it and contemplate your perception of you sitting in front of the DAW. You have to contemplate yourself creating from within yourself, to create sound. Eventually, melody and structure would be dictated by you perceiving yourself in a loop, which is really what the most expressive music out there is. Ideally there would be more contemplation and existential and zen timeout than putting shit down, but once just one hit on the piano roll is placed- after gathering the self and focusing- the massive significance of the note would explode in an epic realization that all that you've ever been has resulted in the inputting of that one note. IT WILL BE THE MOST IMPORTANT AND CURRENT EVENT IN YOUR LIFE.

Rare orchids being hunted in remote destinations, then being cloned to be keept it alive in a small ceramic cylinder in your own house is pretty IDM to me.

Orchid hunting wiki for your consideration.

Come on people, Stoya Riding A Bike On The Hills Of Cappadocia has it all:

- Caves (underground city)

- Mycorrhizae (underground cities are kindof like the fungal internet)

- Tribal Societies (what do you think the underground cities were for)

- Things that look green enough for some people to say "that's green" but that are actually not quite green (some of those hills)

- Outdated Technology (like underground cities and maybe The Bike too)

- Consciousness (which was needed to build those cities, under and above the ground. also Stoya has consiousness)

- Doors that swing both ways (Stoya)

Archived