IGNORED

Concealed Sequence - Metamorphosis

Pirtek

The shaded path: nice atmospheric thing, I like that you wait a while before introducing new instruments. A little bit bare, but otherwise I like this one.

Baguirmi: The start is interesting, mixing up the various highly reverbed percussive stuff with heavy kicks was felt fairly satisfying, nice combination of sounds. A little more variation out of the plucked strings would have made me happy. I felt the track didn't really need to go on any longer than the ~3.45 point though. It seemed to have said everything it was going to say by then. Also the slow attack on the strings made their shorter notes seem a bit awkward.

Majapahit: Afraid I didn't really like it. Too repetitive use of simple motifs without substantial challenge to them or change within them.

Tracklisting is as follows:

The Shaded Path

Virtual Light

Baguirmi

Majapahit

Relentless

Scaffolds

Bonus Track:

Igneous Blood (The Late Remix) [Joss Weightman]

• 4 weeks later...

Was just listening to the first EP this morning!

Not all of them kept me fully interested (Baguirmi lost me entirely) but a lot of it is great! It sounds like there's getting to be more of a unique sound coming out: Majapahit, Virtual Light, Scaffolds...some great stuff in there. Looking forward to the release!

• 2 months later...

Archived