IGNORED

Drum machine used by Vibert on 'Lover's Acid'...

TRiP

Been listening to Luke Vibert's 'Lover's Acid' album a good bit lately - really diggin' the sound he's getting from his drum machine

Any idea what it might be? Whichever it may be, i'm guessing the real magic is his producing/mixing of the stems, but still would be interested to know...an 808 clone of some sort?

Yeah sounds like 606. The cymbals and the kick sort of give it away. Just need to add some reverb to the cymbals and maybe throw light distortion on the snare. I've not messed with my 606 samples in a while so I can't remember exactly what it sounds like vs stock.

doesn't vibert do everything in reason? might be 606 samples...

Lover's Acid is a compilation of older tracks so it's most def the real deal.

Definitely a 606, yeah.

One thing to listen for is the fact that the stock 606 only has one output, and it is mono. Which means that if the different instruments are panned or treated differently, then it's probably samples (or a modded 606).

Panned, echoed toms:

Definitely a 606, yeah.

One thing to listen for is the fact that the stock 606 only has one output, and it is mono. Which means that if the different instruments are panned or treated differently, then it's probably samples (or a modded 606).

Panned, echoed toms:

...he could have had a modded unit w/ multiple outputs as mentioned before... or maybe multi-tracked each sound and tweaked them in post production. just a thought.

doesn't vibert do everything in reason? might be 606 samples...

I checked when I was listening, because I was aware that he utilizes Reason. Seems to be that this came before then. He lists the albums he has done strictly in Reason on the propellerheads interview.

Archived