IGNORED

Mayhem ensues after no indictment over Michael Brown killing

chim

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Police shoot and kill 12 year old boy carrying toy gun seconds after showing up on scene. Caller to police "It's probably a toy"

If this is real that's so freaking weird. What the hell.

In a 9-1-1 phone call, a caller, who was sitting in a nearby gazebo, reported that someone, possibly a juvenile, was pointing "a pistol" at random people in the Cudell Recreation Center, and clarified twice that the gun was "probably fake".[6] However, according to police spokesmen, it was unclear if that information was relayed to Loehmann and Garmback. It was later revealed that the information was indeed not relayed to the officers, with the dispatcher only simply referring to the firearm as "a gun".[2][7] Officers were dispatched to the park at around 3:30 p.m.[6] The caller then left the gazebo, and Rice sat down in it sometime later.[7]

Londoners coming out strong in solidarity.

http://pzfeed.com/live-feed/

Yeah, that's the gist of what I heard listening to the call. Operator also repeatedly asked the race of the suspect until the person replied. So, the race of the suspect is extremely important, but not important details that could save lives like, "the gun is probably fake". I wonder how he feels about making that call now. Just another reason the police don't make people safer.

White people are not immune from this type of behavior either

In Oakland I've literally only seen white 'anarcho' types destroying property or looting for no reason. In fact when Ferguson first happened there was a solidarity march in Oakland (about 1 month ago? not sure on the timing) I went down to film the event and recorded in clear view a hooded twatty anarchist throwing a brick for no reason into the window of a business on the side of the road, as he did it the (white) guy leading the march screamed 'FUCK PROPERTY" and everybody started cheering. To be honest it kind of made me feel embarrassed and I didn't release the footage. There is always an element at least in Oakland that sees fit to start breaking windows in order to trigger a more intense response from police or to ratchet up the crowd's energy. I've never actually witnessed anything remotely close to 'this is an organic response of the crowd's energy', it's always appeared to me at least as a means to instigate a harsher confrontation. My feeling is that the discontent white young people know that Oakland is a powder keg of racial tensions and see themselves of some sort of arbiters of wanting this tension to reach its inevitable conclusion.

edit: and just for the record, these people are very much in the minority of protesters, but often times are cheered on or allowed to be some kind of leader in a march. I'm not personally that cool with it.

White people are not immune from this type of behavior either

In Oakland I've literally only seen white 'anarcho' types destroying property or looting for no reason. In fact when Ferguson first happened there was a solidarity march in Oakland (about 1 month ago? not sure on the timing) I went down to film the event and recorded in clear view a hooded twatty anarchist throwing a brick for no reason into the window of a business on the side of the road, as he did it the (white) guy leading the march screamed 'FUCK PROPERTY" and everybody started cheering. To be honest it kind of made me feel embarrassed and I didn't release the footage.

Not surprising, as a teenage suburban white kid I did a fair share of vandalism before I learned better. Even got arrested for it once. Idiocy is not confined to race.

UPDATE: people pulling down fences in front of government buildings in London.

http://pzfeed.com/live-feed/

Hats off to these british officers for not overreacting. Notice how even in a city as dense as London they aren't in full riot gear. Much more humanity in England in my opinion.

Hats off to these british officers for not overreacting. Notice how even in a city as dense as London they aren't in full riot gear. Much more humanity in England in my opinion.

remember this UK shooting an unarmed man in the back incident?

part of the reason it was never put in the category of "police killing of unarmed racial minorities" is because Englanders had driven themselves into a hysteria over the 7/7 tube bombings and ANY muslim(looking) dude acting suspicious (especially jumping a turnstyle and not paying a fare) can be shot and killed on site if they don't comply. In that instance irrational terrorism fears trumped the dialog we should have had about muslim/arab men being racially profiled and then murdered for no reason (even though in this instance he wasn't even arab, he was brazilian)

remember this UK shooting an unarmed man in the back incident?

part of the reason it was never put in the category of "police killing of unarmed racial minorities" is because Englanders had driven themselves into a hysteria over the 7/7 tube bombings and ANY muslim(looking) dude acting suspicious (especially jumping a turnstyle and not paying a fare) can be shot and killed on site if they don't comply. In that instance irrational terrorism fears trumped the dialog we should have had about muslim/arab men being racially profiled and then murdered for no reason (even though in this instance he wasn't even arab, he was brazilian)

Ok, that's an instance of questionable behavior, but it's really just my feelings towards British people that colored my statement. Watching those cops reactions just now didn't seem like something that would happen in the US. The crowd pulled down fences and people didn't get arrested. They just directed them calmly after a short stop in the courtyard.

lol they're holding BROLLIES. great, now they're chanting "Fuck the police" right next to them. this can't end well

They've been chanting that the entire time off and on.

20 year old unarmed white dude shot to death last month. entire thing caught on body cam. Officer was non-white. Starting to get some airplay.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/3/justice-dillon-taylor-after-white-utah-man-fatally/

I posted that on page 2 and noone would address it. =(

Sorry, I didn't see it. My opinion is that it just furthers the narrative that there is police abuse. Race is not important as long as everyone can be united under the idea that we are being oppressed by police as an extension of irresponsible policies created by our governments.

Sorry, I didn't see it. My opinion is that it just furthers the narrative that there is police abuse. Race is not important as long as everyone can be united under the idea that we are being oppressed by police as an extension of irresponsible policies created by our governments.

Fully agree (at least in terms of the USA).

Seems like the USA is in meltdown really... Wage gap rising, kids shooting up schools, police militarized, etc.... Where is it headed?

police brutality is a problem

racism is a problem

the convergence of the two is particularly egregious

this cannot be disputed

it's well known in america that this convergence exists

this flashpoint catalyzes public discussion, which is needed

hopefully the situation in ferguson settles down

Archived