IGNORED

Mayhem ensues after no indictment over Michael Brown killing

chim

Just because the system is corrupt doesn't mean violence and rioting is right.

And for the record you're completely wrong about officials being thrown in jail or fired for being corrupt. I see more than "zero" in this short list here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_state_and_local_politicians_convicted_of_crimes

did you read the link you sent me? without even getting too complicated, the first 2 state representatives didn't spend a day in jail despite accepting $3000 in bribes, wire fraud and tax evasion. the state representative for arkansas, hudson hallum, was sentenced to one year home detention for voter bribing.

on the other hand, here is a woman who was sentenced to 20 years in prison because she fired warning shots in an attempt to stop her abusive husband from beating her. btw she used the same defense as george zimmerman: i was being attacked, i had no choice but to defend myself by shooting (except in her case, she wasn't shooting at him, she was shooting to scare him)

ctrl + f

type in corruption

59 results

most of them jail time

And of course that woman doesn't deserve 20 years in prison, what a crock of shit.

I'm not sure what you're stance is really. You're showing me other things that are wrong to justify violence and riots or? I'm not being facetious I just honestly don't understand. I know the system is broken. I know some people get away with things and others don't. That doesn't mean looting or attacking police is right...

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will agree that in the very least that cop should have been sent to trial. If everyone involved was so sure of his innocence there would be no reason it shouldn't go to trial, at the very least to squash all of this rioting and stuff, you know?

It seems a small price to pay to put a supposedly innocent man through the paces of a trial if it would stop a whole town/city from rioting...

It's not entirely a racial issue. It's a police brutality issue. a broken system issue. it's more than just one dude getting shot. and you're portraying it as if your explanation of the issue is what actually happened. looking at the evidence it doesn't even all add up. unarmed people should not be shot to death by someone who is trained to serve and protect. there are better ways. ways that a professional at this type of thing should be able to take advantage of. but even regardless of all that there are obvious holes in darren wilson's testimony. huge glaring holes that were not questioned during this trial.

I agree, it is a police brutality issue. No, I do not agree getting shot is the correct response to a robbery, however the story I read was that Brown charged at the officer, and continued to do so after being shot once (I have not read Wilson's own testimony admittedly). Brown also put himself into the situation by his own lack of judgement and decision to rob the liquor store... I DO believe Wilson should have been charged with something, suspended, etc. (which probably would have subdued some of this rioting), but I do not believe that this case is particularly a racially charged issue... Many of the rioters and people that i've heard speak out on this issue have been quick to play and lay heavily on the race card, and to me that seems to be clouding up the whole big picture of this incident.

Also, rioting never really solves anything, especially in this case. What message against excessive authority do people hope to display by reverting to complete anarchy and calling excessive force back into play?

Just because the system is corrupt doesn't mean violence and rioting is right.

And for the record you're completely wrong about officials being thrown in jail or fired for being corrupt. I see more than "zero" in this short list here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_state_and_local_politicians_convicted_of_crimes

did you read the link you sent me? without even getting too complicated, the first 2 state representatives didn't spend a day in jail despite accepting $3000 in bribes, wire fraud and tax evasion. the state representative for arkansas, hudson hallum, was sentenced to one year home detention for voter bribing.

on the other hand, here is a woman who was sentenced to 20 years in prison because she fired warning shots in an attempt to stop her abusive husband from beating her. btw she used the same defense as george zimmerman: i was being attacked, i had no choice but to defend myself by shooting (except in her case, she wasn't shooting at him, she was shooting to scare him)

ctrl + f

type in corruption

59 results

most of them jail time

And of course that woman doesn't deserve 20 years in prison, what a crock of shit.

I'm not sure what you're stance is really. You're showing me other things that are wrong to justify violence and riots or? I'm not being facetious I just honestly don't understand. I know the system is broken. I know some people get away with things and others don't. That doesn't mean looting or attacking police is right...

every single result of corruption i get is less than 4 years while a woman got 40 years for firing a warning shot. i know to you it seems like i pulled an extreme case, but this sort of thing is very common which is why people are rioting.

The issue with that case and many other cases is the VERY VERY irresponsible setting of mandatory minimum sentences. Especially the ones related to drug charges, but all of them need to be removed as soon as possible.

protests take a lot of planning, which imaginably requires agent provocateurs or basically mates with the much more profitable police and defense industries, who get a blank check and a permanent increase in fiscal budget something philip k dick might write on an off day.

Media dude defends peaceful protesters in Ferguson last night. Co-worker tries to paint the picture as if there was no peaceful protests.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnns-jones-lemon-rip-into-each-other-over-ferguson-protests/

protests take a lot of planning, which imaginably requires agent provocateurs or basically mates with the much more profitable police and defense industries, who get a blank check and a permanent increase in fiscal budget something philip k dick might write on an off day.

You mean like this? http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/126798/46_million_donation_to_nypd

any live streams of oakland around? haven't found one yet

shit seems to be getting cray again in oakland right now
click 'all' to show the newest tweets

i'm tempted to go down just to get a tear gas recording, can somebody loan me a set of binaural microphones?

I haven't seen an oakland specific. I've pulled all the ones i've found off of #ferguson This one has a bunch of different ones simultaneously.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/all-ferguson-live-streams-combined-for-easy-viewing?utm_campaign=JPER&utm_medium=FlashPlayer&utm_source=embed

The one I was watching earlier got pretty crazy when the cops starting flash banging the crowd and pushing them away. It was pretty chilling. http://m.ustream.tv/channel/ftpcam

I really want to go out, but I've been sick the last couple days and working. I didn't even know something was going to go down here. If anything happens the rest of the week I'm there.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bryanhayes-streaming?utm_campaign=JPER&utm_medium=FlashPlayer&utm_source=embed

Just saw several police target and arrest a random guy. Piled onto him, surrounded him, arrested him, while other cops guarded.

this shit right here. total misappropriation of police resources, see it all the time here. every arrest or minor incident requires 10 cops and each cop is acting more agressively as a result of the gang mentality. every protest in sydney for the last decade or more has seen fucking ridiculous numbers of cops compared to the actual volatility of the event. some protests are practically outnumbered by em.

as for this bloke being 'random' i can't really comment cus maybe he was wanted for something however something is wrong if just a couple of our highly trained protectors and guardians cannot comfortably arrest a person

Supposedly they were targeting people using cameras with "bright lights" regularly. I'm not sure he got arrested shortly after I started viewing the stream, but there was no evidence to use.

Just as a matter of perspective, In Ferguson right now there are 2,200 US troops, and in Iraq there are 3,100. It seems like people are trying to organize a mass protest for black friday called #blackoutblackfriday, and also promoting the idea that no one should spend a dime either.

Just as a matter of perspective, In Ferguson right now there are 2,200 US troops, and in Iraq there are 3,100. It seems like people are trying to organize a mass protest for black friday called #blackoutblackfriday, and also promoting the idea that no one should spend a dime either.

I wonder if these protests and riots will start encompassing the general malcontentedness people have of the prevailing system, inequality, the citizenry feeling powerless or apathetic in making a difference through the democratic process, abuse of authority, the surveillance state and so on. Shit is going really wrong all over the place.

Been skeptical about accelerationism, but starting to feel like 'lets run this shit to the ground' and hopefully what will come from the ruins will be a better and more equal world. The downside is that it will cause plenty of death and suffering. Yet I bet the ones least affected by it would be the ones who put us in this mess in the first place.

Archived