IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä tonight in NYC

dr lopez

seriously rad set

also there were cool lasers all over the place. openers and crowd were definitely garbage though. i asked a kid if i could pay him 5 bucks for a few hits off his j and he responded with "its not for sale, its just for me and my friends". dude could have gotten a whole beer plus tip! fuck that guy.

volume alert:

lasers

seriously rad set

also there were cool lasers all over the place. openers and crowd were definitely garbage though. i asked a kid if i could pay him 5 bucks for a few hits off his j and he responded with "its not for sale, its just for me and my friends". dude could have gotten a whole beer plus tip! fuck that guy.

volume alert:

lasers

should have hung out with me and aleski brah --- he smoked like 3 spliffs and kept offering it to me and i said no thanks. about 45 min later he was like "HOW COME U DONT LIKE WEED MAN" lol

I actually really dug all five of the sets, maybe that's because I listen to a good amount of Japanese "ambient" noise? Very different feel amongst the first three versus Aleksi and Patrick Russell, but I also went into this expecting more minimalist and abstract ambient-type music, and that was what the first three delivered. I especially enjoyed Anduin out of the three, as he used field recordings interspersed with bass-heavy ambience. But hey, to each their own.

And while the audience was definitely aggravatingly immobile and "let's just sit here and think about this rather than feel it" during the first three sets, never seemed like a rude lot overall to me. Chatted with several random folks over the course of the night, and was offered a joint randomly twice (too bad I can't actually partake; screw my body).

Also, that's hilarious about the dude in the white labcoat complaining, because it sounds like you're describing one of the folks who was working the event; other than the guy serving drinks, they all had those labcoats.

This is the best photo I got of the lasers:

wv9p0Ym.jpg?1

I hope no one has photos of me lol.

I am not siding the the douche hipster but offering to pay for a hit ?

Isn't that like that guy at Nathans that asked me to buy him a corn ?

At the MBV gig in Austin a few yrs back I slipped a guy a fiver and we burned an entire blunt just the two of us. It made the show infinitely better.

I am not siding the the douche hipster but offering to pay for a hit ?

Isn't that like that guy at Nathans that asked me to buy him a corn ?

At the MBV gig in Austin a few yrs back I slipped a guy a fiver and we burned an entire blunt just the two of us. It made the show infinitely better.

Oh Ok maybe this is done ? I don't know from drugs

I like the idea of DMT though

I also like Yerba Mate

Who doesn't pass a joint at an event with live music

FTFY

Your avatar is mad illuminati bro

what happened on your travels ???

Or is this some kinda reference to the draw Mohammed contest ?

This thread is amazing for colundi brooklyn megatwat disses.

Continue.

easy. i've been working on a response to the "i listen to a lot of ambient japanese noise" post for 3 straight days

Archived