IGNORED

CYBERIA VINYL CAMPAIGN

KyonPalm

HEY! Please consider helping me do this awesome thing. I'm attempting to give my most popular album, CYBERIA, a small vinyl pressing (100 copies) and I need YOUR (yes, your!) help! Even if you aren't interested, if you know anyone who might be, please share the post and get the word out - especially for people who do small-time distro.

On transparent purple vinyl, it's as gorgeous as it gets. Even if you don't have a turntable, simply reserving a copy just to donate to the cause helps just as well!

If you think it's too expensive, message me and we can work something out. The important thing is that I get enough backers to make this thing happen. If you want to order more than one copy, I'll give you a special rate of $14.42 per copy.

https://qrates.com/artists/kyonpalm/items/10144

ibd2mZcXk1lZmk.jpg

• 1 month later...

Folks, we're officially at the halfway point. 50 out of all 100 preorders are filled so far, and while I'm ecstatic to be halfway there... I'm only halfway there. Seeking assistance from any and all willing to help back the cause (and get a copy in the process), and also spread the word so others might help too. Let's (try to) make it happen (please)!

The vinyl price is fine but the shipping...I know it's awkward to ship records across the world so I'm not disputing it, but that's the only reason I'm not in. Sure looks/sounds great otherwise!

The vinyl price is fine but the shipping...I know it's awkward to ship records across the world so I'm not disputing it, but that's the only reason I'm not in. Sure looks/sounds great otherwise!

I'm willing to be super flexible on cutting a deal for international folks. Thanks for the interest in any case!

Done!

Thank you kindly!

So, does it sound like Lain?

It's inspired by the series and is a pseudo-soundtrack to the nightclub of the same name featured throughout the story.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest platzangst

I'm hoping this succeeds, not just because I'd like to have the album, but now having discovered Qrates I'm morbidly curious to see what the quality of their finished products is like.

For reasons.

I'm hoping this succeeds, not just because I'd like to have the album, but now having discovered Qrates I'm morbidly curious to see what the quality of their finished products is like.

For reasons.

They have contracts with GZ Media and Wolfpack for their pressings. GZ's reputation is hit-or-miss but most of the records they've pressed that I own sound perfectly fine. Dunno about Wolfpack, but I'd just look them up if I wanted to know specifics.

Oh yeah, and less than a month to go, and just about 25 copies left available. Getting close to the end - if this looks appealing to you, snap it up as soon as you can!

Guest platzangst

They have contracts with GZ Media and Wolfpack for their pressings. GZ's reputation is hit-or-miss but most of the records they've pressed that I own sound perfectly fine. Dunno about Wolfpack, but I'd just look them up if I wanted to know specifics.

Oh yeah, and less than a month to go, and just about 25 copies left available. Getting close to the end - if this looks appealing to you, snap it up as soon as you can!

I was thinking more about how the packaging will turn out, whether the covers will be more-or-less professionally printed or if they'll be some kind of low-run laser printings. Years ago when I was researching vinyl, getting pro-quality covers printed was damn near as expensive as making the actual discs. (You might be able to only order 1 or 2 hundred albums, but jackets had a 500 or 1000 minimum...)

IN any case I've got my copy reserved, so fingers crossed.

Edit: Hey, congratulations.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived