IGNORED

Question about Vangelis Discography

Brisbot

I've been listening to Love Theme and Blade Runner Blues lately insane amounts, and a few others off of the Bladerunner soundtrack, but I haven't really explored his discography much. Would those who've combed it more thoroughly than I have please give me track recommendations? Preferably those you feel are on the level of those two. And hey if you feel like they're over-rated in his discography then please explain, I wanna hear more.

As a side note, I've never liked Sax music before really, but Vangelis makes me love it....well his sax stuff anyway.

Guest Bourbon Surf

Hey, gonna half answer your question. I too, felt the urge the explore the vangelis discography after coming back to the blade runner soundtrack time and time again. After listening to a few albums (by no means covered his entire back catalogue, mostly 70's, early 80's) I came back to the album which got him the blade runner ost contract in the first place, which had memories in green, "see you later", there's a YouTube full album upload of it... Although panned by critiques and fans apparently I found it fresh and interesting whilst having that depth and synth feel that you'd expect from the blade runner maestro...

Please take the next twelve and a half minutes to get lost in this masterpiece:

[youtubehd]PGl3041zhAU[/youtubehd]

After that, I suggest seeking out Soil Festivities, The City, and Antarctica. Beaubourg and Direct are also very solid.

"see you later"

Aw man, bought it a bit ago and disliked it a lot after the first spin; will have to give it another shot.

If you want the Bladerunner vibe specifically, try his 1985 album 'Invisible Connections'.

I like this one as well. I had about 7 or 8 of his albums on cassette that I just gave to a friend about a week ago. Albedo 0.39 on the other hand is very akin to prog rock.

Heaven and Hell is good, I've seen others recommend it as a starting point. China might be a good one to check out, it's what Scott heard that made him hire Vangelis for Blade Runner.

Please take the next twelve and a half minutes to get lost in this masterpiece:

[youtubehd]PGl3041zhAU[/youtubehd]

After that, I suggest seeking out Soil Festivities, The City, and Antarctica. Beaubourg and Direct are also very solid.

"see you later"

Aw man, bought it a bit ago and disliked it a lot after the first spin; will have to give it another shot.

That was great! I'm impressed this was from 1979. It sounds SO ahead of it's time. wow.

I'll be listening through all you guyses recommendations soon, many thx :)

Archived